10 Best Ways to Optimize Windows 10. Optimizing your Windows 10 is trying to increase the effectiveness of your Windows 10, when the windows are not functioning well, it gives you a tough time of using the system.
10 Best Ways to Optimize Windows 10
So that is why I will guide you through in order to make sure you can effectively use your system and enjoy the best from Windows 10 operating system.
Options to Effectively Use Your Windows 10 – Best Way to Optimize Windows 10
There are a lot of options or ways that you could optimize your windows 10 for effective use, but am just going to give you 10 ways that would help you to optimize your windows 10 effectively.
Option 1: Increase your RAM
There was a time I was having issues with my system due to low RAM and the activities I was using the system were demanding higher RAM space, so I had to use a higher RAM and I started enjoying my windows 10 better with no glitches.
If you have a heavy workload you use your system for, then I advise that you increase your RAM to avoid further damage to your system. If you happen to be a programmer then you require higher RAM.
Option 2: Switch from HDD to SSD
Due to personal experience, SSD tends to be more effective than HHD, let’s forget the part where HHD tends to have more capacity, but is not just having enough capacity it is having speed with enough capacity, and that is when it is better.
SSD provides the best capacity and at times comes with enough storage. No one is saying HHD is bad or not good, a suggestion you should try using SSD and thank me later.
Reasons Why you Should Switch from HHD to SSD
There are a lot of reasons why you should switch from HHD to SSD, here are some of the benefits:
- Durability and Reliability.
- Speed of performance.
- Power and energy efficiency and many other benefits.
Option 3: Update Drivers
At this point, we are not just updating drives, we are also updating software. The first update we have to consider is the Windows update we can update windows when we go to settings and under settings, you click on update and security, and under update and security you click on windows update, and from there you would know if there is an available update.
Let us not leave out the application update, this is different from the windows update and the drivers’ update, the application update is possible when it is available and it usually pops up as a notification. When it pops (it would pop when you have an internet connection) up as a notification, then you can install it from there.
Also, there is an option for the driver update, well to do that you go to settings, and under settings, you click on the update and security, and under update and security, you click on “view all optional updates” and there you can install updated drives.
Option 4: Use Ready Boost.
This is another option that we could use to optimize our Windows 10. Ready Boost is a disk-caching software component developed by Microsoft. It is not found in every window but is found in the latest versions of windows.
The function of the ReadyBoost is that it enables the NAND memory mass storage CompactFlash, SD card, and USB flash drive devices as they are used as a cache between the hard drive and random access memory with the aim of increasing the computing performance.
Using the ReadyBoost option is when you lack space in your system and for better functionality, you have to create an external space to store your work, then you can devise this method. This is because if you have enough space on your system, you do not need this procedure.
How to enable ReadyBoost
The following are the possible ways of enabling ReadyBoost:
- Step 1: plug your USB flash drive into your system.
- Step 2: you right click on the USB.
- Step 3: After right-clicking, you are to select the properties of the USB drive
- Step 4: Then you would see different at the top of the page that opens, ReadyBoost is one of those options.
- Step 5: click on the ReadyBoost option in order to know if it is necessary to set up the USB drive.
Option 5: Perform a system scan
System scan is a network-based vulnerability scanner that is able to scan any system with an IP for common vulnerabilities. The system scan helps to identify the product and the product version number. There are different ways of performing the system scan if you are using the settings way;
- Step 1: Click on the Windows icon and on the search bar, search for settings.
- Step 2: Under the settings, search for update and security.
- Step 3: From the update and security options, you click on the Windows security options.
- Step 4: Click on Virus & threat protection under Windows security.
- Step 5: Click on current threats and you would see the Quick scan option. (The current threat option is under the windows security settings).
While if you wish to use the command prompt;
- Step 1: Press the Windows + X key on your keyboard (make sure to press the keys together).
- Step 2: You would see the windows command prompt.
- Step 3: Type in SFC /scan now and click on “Enter”. (Note that there is a space before the slash, that is after writing SFC, you click on the space before the slash).
- Step 4: You would see the system scan would take place by checking through all windows files and effect repairs if it is necessary.
Option 6: Restart the system
This might not be taken necessary, but if you have been using your system for quite a long time, I think you should shut your system down and turn it on again, this trick works and you would even notice the speed in your system.
Option 7: Update the system
Updating your system is very essential for the effective function of your system, updating the system involves fixing performance issues, security holes, fixing bugs, and other related issues. In order to update your system, you click on the start button (which is the windows button), and you click on settings options, and under the settings option, you click on update and security, and under the update and security, you would if there is an available update.
Option 8: Perform Disk Defragmentation
Before we talk about defragmentation, let us know what fragmentation is.
Fragmentation when viewing from the hard disk context is the condition when the contents of a single file are stored in different locations of the disk instead of placing the contents in the same nearby location or space.
Now it would be better to understand the role of defragmentation, the spread of one file across the disk could to a lack of storage space.
The role of defragmentation is to reduce the level of fragmentation, it is done by arranging or storing all the files in a smaller quantity of nearby space or location.
Defragment your hard disk
To be able to defragment your hard disk, you follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Click on the start button.
- Step 2: you would likely see an option that defragments and optimize the disk.
- Step 3: From there you could determine the disk you wish to defragment.
Option 9: Disable Windows Visual Effects
There are enabled windows visual effects like fading or sliding menus, tooltips, or windows animation. Disabling the window’s visual effects does not mean it is bad but do you know it boosts the performance of the system specifically in the graphics performance area? But for better and faster performance you have to disable the visual effects.
How to disable the Windows Visual Effects
In order to access windows visual effects, your search for the performance option from the search bar from the start icon, and it would open the page for the performance option to be chosen from, and from there you would see the advanced option, you click on it and choose what you want from there.
Option 10: Manage power settings
The power settings help you to be able to manage how your device uses the power effectively. The power settings help you to be able to control the system performance and help to use the battery effectively.
How to Manage the Power Settings
In order to manage the power settings in your windows 10;
- Press the Windows + R keys together (this is In order to open the run dialog box).
- Type in powercfg.cpl and click on the Enter key.
- Under the power options, click on the power plan and select High performance.
- Click on save changes in order to effect changes.
I hope you went through all the different options in order to use your windows 10 operating system more effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I increase the speed of my Windows 10 OS?
In order to increase the speed of your system, then your system needs to go through a disk cleanup, in order to access the disk cleanup, you click on the first icon and type in disk cleanup on the search bar.
When you see the application, you click Run as an administrator in order to open the Disk Cleanup app. From there you could check out the files you wish to clean and after choosing them, you click on OK to terminate them.
How do I optimize my RAM?
To be able to optimize your RAM, you have to disable unwanted startup programs and you have to disable unwanted startup programs to be able to make your system may faster. And you can be able to disable unwanted startup programs by accessing the Task manager.
How do I clear my Chrome Cache?
It is very necessary to clear your chrome cache because this determines the speed you access when you are browsing with your Google Chrome and to be able to achieve that;
- From your Google Chrome, you click on the three-dot icon.
- You would see different options, click on the more tools option.
- Under the more tools option, you click on clear browsing data.
- From that same, you could choose the time range you want.
- You would see options on the items to be cached.
- Click on clear data.
What makes my System faster?
To make your system function faster, then you have to clear your browser’s cache and the temporary internet files often and that would make your system function properly, this is the best option when you notice that your system is browsing slowly.
What is the fastest CPU cache?
The CPU cache is used to reduce the stress of accessing data from the main memory, which makes the cache a temporary memory. The fastest CPU cache is L1 Cache L1 and it is very easy to access especially when you need to quickly finish up a task.