Twitter has a more engaged and active audience than Facebook or Instagram, making it a valuable platform for companies looking to connect with their customers and create a community.
To make the most of this platform’s possibilities, you must understand how people utilize it. This entails monitoring the most up-to-date Twitter statistics and trends to see whether they have an influence on your strategy. Take a look at these 10 Twitter statistics to get you started on the right foot this year.
Twitter User Stats
The number of monetizable users on Twitter has increased.
Twitter currently has 217 million monthly monetizable daily active users (DAUs), according to the company’s latest Letter to Shareholders. Monetizable users are defined as user accounts that may see advertising on the site. The previous reported monthly active user count was 330 million, however, since then, the firm has switched to a metric that only takes into account, monetizable users.
The most active and engaged users are located in the US.
Despite the fact that Twitter attracts a large number of its users from all around the world, it is most popular among Americans. According to the most recent study, there are approximately 77 million Twitter users in the United States. Japan ranks second with 58 million subscribers. These figures illustrate that Twitter is an ideal marketing platform for businesses looking to target a US-based audience.
Users under the age of 30, on average, use Twitter the most.
According to this statistic, 42% of US adults aged 18-29 are the most active Twitter users. Every day, 20% of people in this age group visit the site several times. So, if you’re wondering how to utilize the platform because you’re targeting a younger demographic, these numbers will surprise you. You may also use Twitter analytics tools to better understand your audience distribution and whether or not you’re reaching the appropriate individuals.
Every day, 56% of high-volume users visit Twitter.
The most active users on the platform are frequent tweeters or high-volume Twitter users. According to the Pew Research Center, users who produced 20 or more Tweets each month over their account’s lifetime were classified as “high-volume” while low-volume Twitterers posted less than 20 messages per month on average. The research found that 58 percent of high-volume people visit the site every day.
The most popular reason people use Twitter is for entertainment.
Twitter is the go-to spot for people looking to be amused as a major source of current internet discussions. According to a Pew Research Center poll, 74% of Americans use Twitter for entertainment. 42% cited this as the platform’s most important purpose. Staying up to date, gaining different viewpoints, and interacting with other individuals are all significant motives for using the site, especially among those over 50 years old.
Twitter: The Most Important Stats for Businesses in 2023
Twitter is a social media platform that allows users to share and consume content in short, easily digestible bursts. It has a more engaged and active audience than Facebook or Instagram, making it a valuable platform for businesses looking to connect with their customers and create a community.
Here are the most important Twitter stats for businesses in 2023:
- Twitter has 217 million monthly monetizable daily active users (DAUs). This means that 217 million people use Twitter every day to see ads.
- The most active and engaged Twitter users are located in the United States. There are about 77 million Twitter users in the United States, making it the largest market for Twitter.
- Users under the age of 30 use Twitter the most. About 42% of US adults aged 18-29 are active Twitter users.
- 56% of high-volume users visit Twitter every day. High-volume users are those who tweet more than 20 times per month.
- The most popular reason people use Twitter is for entertainment. About 74% of Americans use Twitter for entertainment.
- Twitter users in the United States make up 25% of the adult population and account for 97 percent of all U.S. tweets. This means that a small percentage of Twitter users generate most of the content on the platform.
- One-fifth of Twitter users under the age of 30 also visit the site too frequently to keep track of. This shows that young people are very active on Twitter.
- In 2022, people will spend 6 minutes each day on Twitter. This is a small amount of time, so businesses need to make sure their tweets are engaging and relevant.
- The CPM on Twitter is the lowest of all the big platforms. This means that Twitter ads are a cost-effective way to reach a large audience.
- Twitter ad revenue was $1.41 billion in the third quarter of 2022, a growth of 22% over the previous year. This shows that businesses are increasingly using Twitter ads to reach their target customers.
These are just a few of the most important Twitter stats for businesses in 2023. By understanding these stats, businesses can develop effective marketing strategies on Twitter and reach their target customers.
In addition to the above stats, here are some other things to keep in mind when using Twitter for business:
- Use relevant hashtags to help people find your tweets.
- Run Twitter contests and giveaways to engage your audience.
- Promote your Twitter account on other social media platforms and your website.
- Respond to comments and questions from your followers.
- Use Twitter analytics to track your performance and see what’s working.
By following these tips, businesses can use Twitter to connect with their customers, build a community, and promote their products or services.
Twitter is a social media platform that allows users to share and consume content in short, easily digestible bursts. Twitter is an ideal marketing tool for businesses looking to target a US-based audience, with users under the age of 30 making up the majority of its active user base. The most popular reason people use Twitter is for entertainment, but it’s also useful for staying up to date on current events, gaining different viewpoints, and interacting with other individuals.