What is a Facebook group? A Facebook group is a Facebook feature. This is a place or space on the social network that is created for friends, or people with like mind or similar interests to discuss and share their views on topics. This is just what groups are all about on the social media platform, but the feature can mean a lot more if you know your way around it.
A Facebook Group
Do you know that a Facebook group can be more than just a space for friends and like-minded people? This feature on Facebook is one of the most important features on the social network. This feature when utilized well can be a very powerful marketing and business tool on the social network.
Just in case you are one of the many who thinks that the group feature on Facebook is the same as the pages feature, here is something you should know. The Pages and the group feature on Facebook are two separate things. While one serves another purpose, the other serves a purpose entirely different.
One might say the features are similar and that’s the best that can be said about both features. Both features may be very effective for connecting with customers and all, but they are not the same. And it would be great if you know and note that now.
There are lots of group of Facebook and we also have different type of groups. We have the buy and sell groups, the dating groups and so many more. And just as the name implies, the objective of most groups can be found just by hearing their names.
How To Join A Group On Facebook
Joining a group on Facebook is easy and free. Anyone can join a group on Facebook as the steps are pretty straight forward. You can either join a group on Facebook as a personal profile or as a page. Now that’s out of the way, follow the steps below to create a Facebook group;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com.
- Click the groups tab or option in the left-hand column from the news feed.
- Enter a keyword for the group you are looking for in the search bar at the top of the page.
- From the search results, select the group you want to join and click the +join group option just below the cover photo.
- Next, chose whether you would like to join the group as a page or a profile.
- Lastly, click the join group button.
That’s it. Note; before you can join a group on Facebook, you must have a registered profile on the platform. If you do not have one, you will need to create one now. To create a Facebook account, go to www.facebook.com/signup. You can only join up to 6, 000 groups on Facebook.
How To Leave A Facebook Group
Just as you can join a group on Facebook, you can also leave if you decide to. To leave a group on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on groups from the left menu from your news feed.
- Select the group you want to leave and click the three-dotted icon in the top right corner of the group.
- Select leave group from the menu and click the leave group option to confirm.
When you leave a group on Facebook, members won’t be notified of it. You will also not get notifications from the said group or see group posts from your news feed.
- Delete Facebook Group Now | Delete Facebook Group | How To Delete A Facebook…
- How To Delete A Facebook Group: Delete A Facebook Group | Facebook Group
- Facebook Groups: Facebook Groups To Join | Facebook Groups List
- Secret Facebook Groups – Facebook Groups To Join | Join A Private Facebook Group
- Facebook Group Admin – Create Group On Facebook | How To Join Groups On…