AADS dissertation fellowship at Boston college in USA 2020 is totally is an opportunity for both art and science students in the United States. The African Diaspora studies program at Boston College was originally called the black studies program.
Recommended >>> British Council New Narratives Youth Advisory Board
This program began in 1960 to 1970 alongside BC’s “black talent program”. These were both two parts of an effort to recruit talented black students.
AADS Dissertation Fellowship at Boston College in USA 2020
The AADS dissertation fellowship at Boston College in the USA 2020 was a direct response to Father General Pedro Arrupe’s 1968 Inter-racial Apostolate letter to Jesuit college and university.
It was also a consequence of discussions that began in 1967 between the BC president then (President Micheal Walsh, S.J” and Boston community leaders Bryant Rollins and Mel King.
Worth of Award
The award of this fellowship is numerous in numbers. Here are the few I can get out;
- You get a $30,000 stipend and access to highly subsidized health insurance across Boston college.
- You also get $1,500 for the research budget.
- The fellow must remain in the residence for the nine months of an academic year, teach one seminar course, and deliver one public lecture.
- The fellow also gets a $3,000 dollar allotment and a fully equipped shared office.
- This fellow would be compensated for teaching the course with a taxable stipend.
Those are some of the benefits you get from this award.
It is essential to know that not all candidates are eligible for this fellowship. Here are the eligibility requirements;
- All scholars who are working in any discipline in the social sciences or humanities with the project topis on any topic that is within African and/or African Diaspora studies are very much eligible to apply.
- This fellowship is seeking for applicants pursuing innovative projects in dialogue with critical issues and trends within the field. More preferable interdisciplinary projects.
Those are the eligibility requirements for this fellowship program.
How to Apply for this Fellowship
To apply for this fellowship, follow the steps below;
- Open the web browser on your device.
- Proceed to this website (https://apply.interfolio.com/79098).
- Click on the “Apply Now” button on the top right corner of the page.
- After clicking, you are to sign up for an account if you don’t have one.
- Now, you are to submit the admission materials using the option provided. The application must include;
- A 3000-word project proposal that includes a plan for completion and description of how this fellowship will assist the applicant in achieving future professional goals;
- A 25-page MAXIMUM writing sample;
- A CV;
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the dissertation advisor.