The ACMS Wits University Masters & PhD Scholarships 2020 for African Students – South Africa, is a body hosted by DAAD to assist members of Sub-Saharan countries via an educational procedure. This works by establishing a scholarship programme to aids students for their Masters and PhD degree. If you ever consider a scholarship to apply for, then this is the right one for you to apply for today. I will be providing the basics of the scholarship programme and how you can apply for it. You should consider reading more o this article to get the full details about the ACMS Wits University Masters & PhD Scholarships 2020 for African Students – South Africa.
ACMS Wits University Masters & PhD Scholarships 2020 for African Students – South Africa
ACMS which stands for the African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) at the University of the Witwatersrand is inviting applicants to apply for either a Master or PhD scholarship offered by DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) as part of its “In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa”. It is employing approaches from across the social sciences, humanities, and built environment. The project will conduct original research and interventions in Johannesburg, Accra, and Nairobi. Through continental and Tran local collaborations with colleagues in academia and the arts, it will make an important conceptual, theoretical, and methodological contributions to theories on multiples mobilities and urbanization across Sub-Saharan African countries.
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private and federal funded and state-funded, the self-governing national agency of the institution of higher education in Germany. It is representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied science, and 52 colleges of music and art) ,2003. DAAD does not offer programs of study, but it awards competitive, merit-based grants for use towards the study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education. It also awards grants to German students, doctoral students, and scholars for studies and research abroad. DAAD has an annual budget of about 522 million euros ad supporting approximately 140,000 candidates worldwide. It was founded on the 1st of January 1925, but closed down in 1945, only to be re-founded again in 1950.
Brief Description ACMS Wits University Masters & PhD Scholarships 2020 for African Students – South Africa
The scholarships can be basically described as:
- Type: Postgraduate.
- Organization: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- Country to study: South Africa.
- School to study: Wits University.
- Gender: Both men and women.
- Application deadline: September 30th, 2020.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> MasterCard 2020-2021 UCT Scholarship Programme for African Students (South Africa)
Course to study
Click on any of the link URL to go to the course of study under either the Masters or PhD degree.
- Masters: https://www.scholarshipair.com/scholarship/masters-deutscher-akademischer-austauschdienst-daad-1.
- PhD: https://www.scholarshipair.com/scholarship/phd-deutscher-akademischer-austauschdienst-daad-1.
Aims and Benefits
Via the ACMS Wits University Masters & PhD Scholarships 2020 for African Students – South Africa, full scholarships are to be made available for four Masters degree programmes and five PhD students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programmes at ACMS in 2021.
Requirements for DAAD ACMS Wits University Masters Scholarship Qualification
To be qualified for the Brief Description of the scholarship, here are the requirements for the scholarship programme:
- Applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa).
- He or she must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application.
- The Master’s degree applicants must have an Honor degree or equivalent with a total aggregate mark of at least 65%.
- Applicants should be interested in the study of Arts in Immigration and Displacement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should visit the link German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) via the link https://www.wits.ac.za/postgraduate/applications/submit-an-application/ to apply. Here are inclusions to the application:
- Click on the submit your application online.
- Scroll down and click on “Don’t have an account yet?”.
- Then click on “Create Temporary ID”.
- Provide the required details and information.
- Type the six characters provided and the Security Check to notify you are not a robot.
- Click on continue.
- After you have been given your Temporary ID, then you will be redirected to submit your application online portal again.
- Click on Confirm Temporary Password.
And you will be taken to the application portal from which you are to provide the information and attach the supporting documents required.
- A cover letter summarizing your qualifications, professional experience, and reasons for interest in the Migration and Displacement programme.
- Complete CV.
- Copies of your transcripts and degree certificates.
- SAQA evaluation scripts (for foreign qualifications).
- Short research proposal (maximum of 1500 words) providing the proposed research project.
- Writing a sample of not more than 10,000 words (e.g., a chapter, article, or term paper).
DAAD will make a final decision and administer the scholarships after reviewing the entries of applicants. ACMS is the body in charge of the first phase of the application process. This involves the pre-selecting, and shortlisting of candidates. After which ACMS will then submit the shortlist to DAAD for the second phase of the application process and make the final decisions.
The deadline for the ACMS Wits University Masters & PhD Scholarships 2020 for African Students – South Africa is on the 30th of September, 2020.
Official Website: Here is the official website for the scholarship programme www.wits.ac.za.