Applications are open for the Acumen East Africa Acumen Fellowship 2024. Acumen Academy serves as a global hub for fostering social change, urging individuals worldwide to tackle poverty through business-oriented solutions and ethical leadership rooted in community values.
The East Africa Acumen Fellowship is an intensive leadership initiative that unites exceptional individuals dedicated to addressing poverty-related challenges. The program equips participants with the knowledge, skills, and a supportive community to enhance their leadership abilities and amplify their impact in East Africa.
Upon completing the fellowship, participants become part of The Foundry, a community where like-minded peers collaborate across sectors and regions to build a world centered on human dignity. This diverse community offers access to capital, coaching, and continuous learning, providing lifelong support for their journey toward social change.
Who is eligible for the Fellowship?
The fellowship seeks “builders” actively working to solve poverty-related issues, including founders, CEOs, and leaders from various sectors.
- As an applicant, you should have at least five years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to poverty alleviation and a willingness to contribute and receive support within The Foundry.
- Reliable internet access, full program availability, and proficiency in English are also essential.
Spanning over 17 years, the Fellowship curriculum empowers candidates with the knowledge, skills, and support systems to lead social change effectively.
The six-month program includes virtual and in-person immersive experiences, workshops, and assignments that build a strong and engaged community.
- Polarities Management: Developing the ability to lead amidst conflicting yet interdependent values.
- Good Society Reading: Exploring the concept of a just society through classic and contemporary texts by influential thinkers.
- Adaptive Leadership: Understanding how to instigate change at personal, organizational, and societal levels in the face of uncertainty.
- Authentic Voice: cultivating the capacity to tell compelling stories that bridge differences and inspire action.
Application deadline for Acumen East Africa Acumen Fellowship 2024
The deadline for applications is February 4, 2024. You are expected to submit your application before this date.
How can you apply?
The application is designed to capture information about each applicant’s work, impact, and readiness for the program. If you are interested, you should start your application early.