Ads targeting On Facebook. Learn what it is all about and also get tips on how to target an audience on Facebook, by read-through this article.
Targeting from FB can be 90% accurate because it uses a variety of methods. Thus, it gets data from what you enter on Facebook, the website you visit while you are logged on to Facebook in the background of your device, and lastly, what third-party companies can pull on you.
Facebook is one of the best if not the best social media platforms for ad targeting. The majority of people with smartphones have a Facebook account. However, people have begun to believe that Facebook is somehow listening to them through their mobile devices. But Facebook has said over and over again that it does not use microphones on people’s phones to listen to conversations.
Ads Targeting On Facebook
There are lots of ways to target people on FB. Will be listing out different ways to target the audience, know that, you can use any combination of the targeting methods mentioned below.
Location: You can target people by state, locality, zip code, country, etc. You can get more specific too, like targeting them where they work and where they live.
Demographics: this simply means data relating to a population, like age, sex, income, marital status, etc. FB offers a ton of demographic options to help you in audience targeting pursuit.
Interests: Interests is another interesting and helpful tool in defining a target market. For example, you have an online store that sells R&B records, you can target people who have liked vintage record player pages, music pages, R&B artists, etc.
Behaviors: Behaviors use the Facebook Pixel to target users. Pixel is simply a piece of code that tracks user behavior so that you can display ads to people that behave in certain ways. This is one of the most profitable and amazing ways to target.
Engagement: this is when someone comments, likes, or follows you or your pages on social media. If a user has recently liked one of your Facebook or Instagram posts, you can have Facebook show them your ads.
Partner Connections: partner connection method of advertising shows ads based on behaviors users show off of Facebook. For instance, if you’re a motorcycle dealership, you might target users who have recently applied for a new motorcycle loan.
How To Target Audience On Facebook Ads
Target your competitors’ fans using Audience Insights and get a ton of valuable information that can help you understand your Facebook followers.
Here’s a quick step on how-to target audience on FB ads
- Go to your Audience Insights dashboard and choose Everyone on Facebook.
- Scroll beneath Create Audience on the left side of the page, use the basic targeting options like location, age, gender, and interests to build an audience that matches your target audience persona.
- Press on over to the Page Likes button to see which pages your target audience already connects with. Then, Copy and paste this list into a spreadsheet or text file.
- Tap back to the Create Audience button and fill in the name of one of your competitors’ Facebook Pages in the Interests box.
- Check out the demographics details on the right side of the screen to see if you can gain any additional audience insights that will help you target your ads more precisely.
- Navigate to set up a new audience based on these new demographic insights, then test it against one of your existing audiences.
- Or, you can just click Save and you’ve got an audience based on your competitors’ fans.
This is the best way to start finding relevant people on Facebook.