The Africa No Filter Emerging Scholars Programme is looking for scholars to explore African narratives across a range of storytelling mediums across Africa.
Comparative studies looking at Africa in France, UK, India, China, and the United Arab Emirates in 2020 are also expected.
When many people think of Africa, what springs to mind is poor leadership, poverty, conflict, and disease.
Recommended for You >>> Oxford-Terence Gorman Graduate Scholarship For International Student In UK 2020/2021
However, there may be more to these stories and that is what the Africa No Filter Emerging Scholars Programme to Explore African Narratives 2020 is aimed at finding out.
They think these stories maybe stereotypical narratives of a continent and its people who lack agency and need fixing.
- Each scholar is going to be awarded up to $7,000 in order to conduct their research.
- Scholars will also have access to training, networking opportunities, mentorship, and other resources among others.
- You should know that priority is given to scholars in Africa and from the diaspora.
- Applicants must be Ph.D. students, post-doc researchers, or junior academics who have been in this role for less than three years in order to apply.
- You should be aware that applications must be based as a recognized academic institute.
- Scholars from other places will be considered if they can demonstrate capability in line with the research program.
- Last but not least, scholars must be in the fields of media, communication, filmmaking, literature, photography, journalism studies, music, visual arts, and development communication.
All applications for the Africa No Filter Emerging Scholars Programme to Explore African Narratives 2020 must be submitted by the 13th of November 2020.
Note that the fellowship will be granted in December 2020 to be completed by the 31st of July 2021.
Required Application Documents
- A cover leer outlining your interest in the project and highlighting your key strengths.
- A 2-3 page CV with two contactable academic references, outlining your academic qualifications and relevant research experience, as well as any applicable professional background.
- A list of publicans and other outputs.
- Proof of registrant/employment at a recognized academic institution.
- Proof of African nationality (e.g. certified copy of birth certificate/passport/identity document).
Africa No Filter Emerging Scholars Programme to Explore African Narratives 2020 Application
Below is how to apply.
- First of all, read the proposal tips at https://africanofilter.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Proposal-tips-ANF-Emerging-Scholars-Fellowship-.pdf.
- Now go to the application form at https://africanofilter.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Proposal-tips-ANF-Emerging-Scholars-Fellowship-.pdf.
- On the application form, enter your name, email address, phone number, and title of the proposed research project.
- Click on the “Next” button to continue.
- On the next page of the form, enter your background information, literature review, hypothesis, research questions, methodology, the scope of research, dissemination plan, work plan, timeframes (attach a GANTT chart file).
- Again, click on the “Next” button.
- Continue filling the remaining sections of the form with the required information till you have successfully completed your application.
Above is how you can apply for the Africa No Filter Emerging Scholars Programme to Explore African Narratives 2020.