African Development Bank (AfDB) Internship Program 2024: Applications are open for the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Internship Program 2024. The African Development Bank, which was founded in 1964, is the leading organization for pan-African development, advancing social and economic advancement on the continent. 81 countries are members, 54 of which are in Africa (regional member countries).
African Development Bank (AfDB) Internship Program 2024
Through inclusive and sustainable economic growth, the bank’s development program aims to considerably reduce poverty by providing financial and technical assistance for innovative projects. Five major areas have been identified for scaling up, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa and help to sharply focus the Ten-Year strategy’s objectives (2023–2032) and ensure greater development impact: energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration, and improving the quality of life for Africans.
The internship program is a component of a larger talent management system that helps the bank fulfill its high-fives and ten-year goals. The program’s overarching goals are to:
- Give the bank access to a potential candidate pool for upcoming hiring needs.
- Give students a chance to work at the African Development Bank and gain professional and hands-on experience.
Nonetheless, candidates shouldn’t anticipate that their internship will result in a job offer from the bank right away.
Strategic Focus Areas of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Internship Program 2024
The gender strategy and the bank’s ten-year strategy (TYS) are in line with the particular disciplines and specialized professional sectors. Focus will be placed on the following areas in addition to those that are part of the bank’s job families:
- Human, social, and agricultural development.
- Energy, power, environment, and green growth
- Industrialization, infrastructure, and the private sector.
- Statistics and economics
- Anti-corruption and audit.
- Human resources and corporate services: procurement, general services, HR management, and IT language services
- External relations and communication.
- Public affairs.
- Evaluation of the environment and society
Eligibility for the African Development Bank (AfDB) Internship Program 2024
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements in order to be eligible for an internship:
- Be citizens of one of the African Development Bank’s member nations.
- Must be no older than thirty (30) years old at the start of the internship program and must have reached the age of majority in their nation of nationality or origin.
- After earning such a degree, the individual has a year to apply for internships.
- Provide a copy of the aforementioned degree or a letter from their school attesting to their enrollment. Candidates must speak French or English, the bank’s two working languages, with ease.
- Possess familiarity with SAP; proficiency with the bank’s regular software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, is preferred.
Application for the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Internship Program 2024
Only those who submit a fully completed online application along with an extensive curriculum vitae will be given consideration.
- If you are a technical assistant, consultant, or short-term staff (STS) at the African Development Bank, or if you are not employed by the bank at this time,
- if you are a regular employee of the African Development Bank at the moment.
For a successful and stress-free application, apply before the deadline.
Application Deadline: October 26, 2023.