AIMS Ph.D. Fellowship in Partial Differential Equations and Stochastic Analysis 2024: Applications are open for the AIMS Ph.D. Fellowship in Partial Differential Equations and Stochastic Analysis 2024.
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) in Senegal, in collaboration with Bielefeld University, Germany, is offering PhD fellowships at the AIMS Senegal Research Centre in Mbour.
AIMS PhD Fellowship in Partial Differential Equations and Stochastic Analysis 2024
These fellowships, funded by the DAAD, aim to promote international academic exchange and educational cooperation with developing countries.
They seek outstanding candidates with a keen interest and background in research related to partial differential equations and Stochastic Analysis.
The research topics will be mathematically inclined, with applications in fluid dynamics, turbulence, wave propagation in nonlinear media, and the study of chaotic behaviors and their practical applications.
They are particularly interested in candidates with a strong background in the following areas:
- Analysis of partial differential equations
- Stochastic analysis
- Dispersive and nonlinear waves
- Fluid dynamics
Who is Eligible?
- A Master’s degree in mathematical sciences (a two-year degree is preferred).
- Strong interest in the specified research areas.
- Any experience in the mentioned areas is a plus.
- Proficiency in coding (e.g., Python, Matlab, or Mathematica) is advantageous.
- Academic excellence.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Preferably a national of an African country.
Benefits of the AIMS Ph.D. Fellowship in Partial Differential Equations and Stochastic Analysis 2024
- The PhD positions are for 3 years, extendable for one more year.
- Monthly scholarships of 1,350 EUR (during stays in Senegal) and 1,200 EUR (during research stays in Germany).
- Covered travel costs (if applicable).
- Covered health insurance costs.
- Additional benefits for mobility during the doctoral project.
Successful fellows are expected to conduct research in the specified thematic areas, publish results in peer-reviewed journals and conferences, and actively engage in the research activities of the German Research Chair.
They are also expected to contribute to the implementation of cooperation between the Chair and Bielefeld University. Fellows should have some involvement in AIMS Senegal academic programs and may conduct scientific visits in Germany.
Documents Required for the Application
- Letter of motivation.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of university degrees (including transcripts).
- A copy of your passport or national ID.
- One reference letter (indicating the name and email address of the referee).
Send completed applications by email to [email protected] with the subject line “DAAD PhD application.” Submit the documents in a single PDF file. Applications not following these instructions risk rejection without reading them.