The International Sports Press Association (AIPS) calls for the submission of applications for the 2020 AIPS Sport Media Awards with the event being held in 2021.
The AIPS Sport Media Awards are the highest international accolade awarded in the sports media industry.
Recommended for You >>> Udacity: Learn the Latest Tech Skills and Advance Your Career
The third edition of the awards will offer acknowledgment to the very best sports narrators across the different media platforms whether it’s from photography to video or from print to digital, from podcasts to sports blogs.
AIPS Sport Media Awards for Sport Storytellers Worldwide 2020
Based on the basis that sports are a prized and vital tool for the propagation of education and culture and with a vast network spanning 160 countries, AIPS is the internationally-recognized organization for sports journalism.
Looking to celebrate those professionals who continue to produce the best, most engaging content worldwide.
The AIPS Sport Media Awards are/is a celebration of media excellence within sports, representing the new wave of exciting sports journalists across the globe pushing horizons.
The maiden edition of the Awards ceremony was held in Lausanne in January of 2019. The second edition was held in Budapest in February 2020.
The third edition is scheduled to be held at the beginning of 2021.
Value of Award
- Each award category involves an original trophy and prize money
- Winners in each of the; Young Reporters categories (Photography, Writing, and Broadcasting) will receive a career growth chance. Also, a scholarship within a major international sports occasion that is available.
- Special Awards are not open to submissions as prize money will not be awarded but winners will be awarded a trophy.
- The 2020 AIPS Sport Media Awards will be open to professional journalists. It doesn’t matter if they are directly employed or freelancers.
- Applications can come from AIPS cardholders as well as those who are not members of the association. But must come from one of the represented countries on the 160 member national associations.
- All entrants must be persons who as of October 8, 2019, were at least 18 years of age.
- The 2020 AIPS Sport Media Awards will be open to professional journalists, whether they are either directly employed or freelancers.
- Applications can come from AIPS cardholders as well as those who are not members of the association but must come from one of the represented countries on the 160 member national associations.
- Only entries submitted between October 8, 2019, and November 9, 2020, will be accepted.
- Entries can be made in any language.
- English translation (for written and audio submissions) and English subtitles (for videos) are allowed as additional materials with submissions and could also be required in the future.
- Supporting documents and also proof of publication are also to be submitted only via the website.
- A maximum of 2 separate submissions per entrant will be allowed across all categories of the awards.
How to Apply
The application process is easy and fast to do. Once you have all the eligibility criteria, then you’re good to go. For more information and how to apply, click HERE.
Submissions can be made only through the Awards website before November 9, 2020.