Amazon EBT, what is it about? Amazon customers with a valid EBT card can use their SNAP benefits to shop for groceries, Fresh, and Amazon.com groceries. The superstore (Amazon) accepts SNAP EBT as one of its payment options. And it provides competitive prices, wide selection, and free shipping options to improve customers’ grocery shopping experience.
Amazon SNAP beneficiaries can shop SNAP-eligible groceries on Amazon Grocery and Amazon Fresh in qualified regions. The EBT card users gain free access to Amazon Fresh and exclusive discounts on essential items, with no membership fees.
Amazon EBT – Amazon SNAPS
Find out what SNAP EBT is all about;
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is a program offered through the USDA that provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of needy families. The program is to enable needy families to buy healthy food. The program benefits are carried out through an EBT card.
EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) is an electronic system that lets SNAP beneficiaries pay for food using SNAP benefits. When a participant shops at a SNAP authorized retail store, their EBT account is debited to reimburse the store for food bought.
Is EBT Like a Credit Card? No.
An EBT card is a card issued to eligible citizens on which benefits for programs like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Cash Assistance are loaded.
The EBT cards work more like debit cards. That is, every month recipients receive an allotted amount depending on their income and size of household, and their balance reducer with every purchase
Who is Eligible to use SNAP EBT Card on Amazon?
Customers that have a valid SNAP EBT card in any state except Alaska and Hawaii can use their SNAP funds on the Amazon store. To get started visit the Amazon website.
How to Add EBT Card On Amazon – Can you use EBT on Amazon
Do you want to shoot for EBT Items on the Amazon store? If yes, it is necessary to add your snap card on Amazon. Don’t worry the procedures are very simple.
So, if you just received your EBT card, read the section under to learn how to add the card.
Steps to Add SNAP EBT Card on Amazon
To register your card on amazon, do the following;
- visit the Amazon SNAP EBT website at amazon.com/snap
- Tap on the “Add your SNAP EBT card” link.
- Log in to your Amazon account. If you do not have an Amazon account, tap on the “Create your Amazon account. Fill in the registration details and follow the prompt.
- Once log into your account, enter your EBT food stamps card into your Amazon account.
- Type in your complete SNAP EBT card number and “Continue”.
Proceed with the instructions to finish adding your SNAP EBT card to your Amazon account.
What can you Buy With SNAP EBT Card On Amazon?
Here are popular items you can buy using an EBT card on Amazon online store;
- Fruits and vegetables
- Beef, pork, poultry, and other meat items.
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt, and Fresh, frozen, and canned seafood
- Snacks; Nuts, chips, crackers, pretzels, etc.
- Freezer aisle items; pizza and potatoes
- Baked products; Candy bars, cookies, cake, pie, etc.
- Soda and juice
- Baking products; Flour, sugar, oil, etc.
These are some of the food items you can buy with your EBT snap benefits.
EBT Online Shopping On Amazon – How Do you use EBT on Amazon
To shop for groceries at Amazon online store using EBT card, do the following;
- Go to the Amazon website at amazon.com
- Navigate to the search tool to find EBT item (s) you want to buy
- Once you locate the product, click on the Add to Cart tab. It may prompt you to sign in to your account.
- Navigate with the onscreen prompt to make your payment
These are steps to purchase items on Amazon’s online store using an EBT card.
How to Check EBT Card Balance Online
To access your card balance, follow the login steps;
- Go to https://www.connectebt.com/
- Choose Your State Program
- Provide your User ID
- Enter Password
- Tap on Login
Follow the onscreen prompt to access your balance.
To create a new User ID and Password: Select Your State Program and click on submit button. Follow the prompt to register your snap card.
What online stores accept EBT?
Here are list of online stores that accepts EBT card.
- Safeway Inc.
- Food 4 Less
- Harts Local Grocers
How Do I Find EBT Food delivery near me?
Go to EBT Locator website to find surcharge-free ATM locations, farmers markets and other stores and locations that accept EBT.
To find the nearest store, tap on this link https://www.ebt.ca.gov/locator/index.html#/locator.page