You can now apply for the APEX Award 2021 for Researchers in the United Kingdom (up to £100,000)! The application is currently open for this award. In official partnership with the British Academy, the APEX award scheme, the Royal Society, and Royal Academy of Engineering, work to offer established researchers with a reliable record in every one of their areas. This is just one amazing opportunity to get hold of real-time research to benefit wider society.
This scheme has got helpful objectives for people researchers who wish to participate. Let’s check them out!
Objectives of the APEX Award 2021 for Researchers in the United Kingdom
The main objectives of the APEX Award 2021 for Researchers in the United Kingdom (up to £100,000) scheme are to;
- Establish and promote real-time collaboration across different disciplines, which a specific emphasis on the boundary between engineering, social sciences, and science.
- Give outstanding researchers the chance to focus on enhancing their unique research through seed funding.
- Give full-time support to research that does not have support. The scheme tends to do this through conventional funding platforms.
- Support these researchers with an outstanding record, which develops their research in a new direction through the collaboration of real partners from other disciplines.
These are the helpful objectives from the APEX Award 2021 for Researchers in the United Kingdom (up to £100,000) scheme.
This helpful scheme works to provide funding for up to 24 months, which is equivalent to 2 years. Let’s find out the awards offered by the APEX 2021 scheme.
- There will be an award of up to £100,000 to the fund staff:
- These costs will relieve applicants and/or co-applicants from their administrative and teaching schedules.
- Applicants that come out successfully get an invitation to apply for £100,000 to support their public activities.
- Up to 25% of the award covers research costs.
- Grants are up to 24 months (2 years).
- The funding includes the cost of equipment, travel expenses, and consumables.
- Costs of a teaching replacement to relieve the applicants and/or co-applicants from their administrative and teaching duties.
These awards are to kick off between September 1, 2021, and November 1, 2021.
To apply for the APEX 2021 scheme as a researcher, there are certain requirements to meet up for eligibility. Let’s check out these requirements.
You can apply for this scheme if you are;
- An interested applicant who is willing to collaborate with a research partner from a discipline different from theirs or in a different university in the UK.
- A researcher who has a strong and reliable track record as an established person.
- Based in a UK university or non-profit research platform during the period of the project.
Note that applications must be within the consideration of more than one of the Academies. The applications that consider the Royal Academy of Engineering and the British Academy are accepted and encouraged.
How to Apply for APEX Award 2021 for Researchers in the United Kingdom
All applications have to be submitted through the Royal Society’s Electronic Grant Application System (Flexi-Grant). They will then be accessed and reviewed by a panel having broad expertise from the fellowship of the three academies supporting this scheme. To apply for this award scheme, visit this website on https://grants.royalsociety.org/.
The deadline for application is October 29, 2020.