Bank of England is the World’s 8th oldest bank. It is the central bank of United Kingdom and model on which most modern central bank have been based on. It was Established in the year 1694, 27 July, and the bank was privately owned by stockholders from its foundation in 1694 until it was nationalized in 1946.
Bank of England is the eight bank to be authorized and issue banknotes in the United Kingdom, the Bank is also popularly known as ‘Old Lady’ of Thread needle street. And the Bank’s mission is to promote the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and the financial stability.
Bank of England banknote
- Current Banknotes
- Withdrawn Banknotes
- Banknote Characters
- Counterfeit Prevention
- Using Banknote Images
- Moving to Polymer Banknote
- Scottish and Northern Ireland Banknotes
Markets and payment in Bank of England
In Bank of England manage your balance sheet, Implement the policy decision of the Monetary Policy Committee, provide insurance to the financial system, and manages the UK Government’s foreign currency and gold reserves. It also act as our eye in market, gathering and financial development to support all of the policy committees.
Bank of England Financial Stability
The Bank of England plays a vital role in maintaining financial stability by supervising financial market infrastructure, safely resolving failing financial institution, reinforcing trust and confidence in money itself. Collaborating with other UK financial authorities to support UK financial sector business continuity and operational resilience. Acting as lender and market maker of last resort at times of financial stress.
How to login in Bank of England
- Go to the official webpage which is bankofengland-ar.com
- The page that pops out is the homepage to the site
- Just at the top right corner of the page your will see LOGIN and click on it
- Fill in your LOGIN details
- You also get to pick if its either Online Banking or Remote Deposit
- After you are done with the selections
- Then You click on the LOGIN icon
Enjoy every wonderful service of this Bank