Become an Online Teacher without a Degree. Years ago, nobody would have thought that it would have been possible to be an online teacher without a degree. In fact, online learning has just entered this booming stage a few years ago, and now so many students are taking lectures online. Gone are those days when you needed to physically be in a classroom before taking lectures. Today we are looking at how to become an online teacher without a degree.
Become an Online Teacher without a Degree
We are also going to be asking ourselves if it is possible to become an online teacher if we do not have a degree. After answering that question, we are going to go ahead to show you the steps and what you need to do to become an online teacher without a degree. If this sounds like what you are interested in, then it is high time we start talking about it.
Can you Tutor Online without a Degree?
If you are new to online universities, teaching, or courses, it might sound impossible for you to be a teacher without a degree. Before now, it was virtually impossible to become an online tutor or teacher without having a degree. But for the past few years, there has been a whole new range of online institutions where you can teach on your own even if you do not have a degree.
Today, people are finding work as teachers and tutors online because there is an availability of platforms that require teachers or tutors. It is because of these platforms that you can become an online teacher even if you do not have a university or college degree. There are so many platforms available that you can choose from any of them.
What you Need to Become an Online Teacher
Becoming an online teacher is a deliberate need. Therefore, there are certain things that you need to have before you will be able to become an online teacher. In this case, it’s an online teacher that has no university or college degree.
- One of the most important things that you need, even without a degree, is a GED (General Educational Development test).
- You are also going to need a high school diploma.
- If you do not have a high school diploma, you are going to need certification for any subject.
- Finally, if you are going to teach English as a foreign language without a degree, you are going to need a TEFL certification (Teaching English as a Foreign Language).
Once these things are available, you are certainly going to be able to teach an online class or school without having a degree. To do that, follow the below procedure.
How to Become an Online Teacher without a Degree
We have come to the point where we are going to be talking about the things you need to do in order to become an online teacher. Even after meeting the above requirements, there are certain things that you need to do before you can successfully become an online teacher without a degree. These steps are listed below:
- Have a deep knowledge of the subject—having a deep knowledge of the subject you are about to teach online is one of the things you need. It doesn’t matter what topic or cause you are going to be tutoring. All that matters is that you have a deep understanding and knowledge of it. If you have that, the job is already halfway done.
- Other teaching experiences should be highlighted—Proving to your employers that you have various experiences in tutoring goes a long way. This is because you are more likely to get the job if you have had a lot of experience as a teacher.
- You might need to get a qualification: even if you can get accepted without having a degree, it will not hurt you if you go ahead and get a qualification or certification. You can simply go for any of the language certifications if you are teaching a language course.
- Begin your online tutoring career—the final step in our lives today on how to become an online teacher will simply begin. To get started, you have to simply apply to any of the online teaching platforms today. Below I have listed some of the best online teaching platforms that you can simply apply.
Platforms for Teaching Online without a Degree
Of course, if you are going to be teaching online, you need a platform that accepts teachers that do not have a degree. There are so many platforms today that you can simply apply to and they will accept you even if you do not have a college or university degree. Some of the best of these platforms are listed below:
- Revolution Prep
- Knowledge Roundtable
These are some of the platforms that you can simply apply to and have your application granted even if you do not have an online degree to teach. All you need to do is simply head over to any of them and submit your application.
How to Become an Online Teacher without a Degree FAQs
Can I teach English online without a degree?
The answer to this question is a very big “yes.” It is very much possible for you to teach online without a degree from a university or a college. One of the major litigations to teaching online without a degree is a thorough understanding of the subject matter. Many online teaching platforms do require a degree, but there are still many that do not require or need a degree for teachers to teach.
What qualifications do I need to teach English online?
If you want to teach English online, the only qualification you’ll need besides a degree is a TESOL or TEFL certificate. Once you have this qualification or certification, all you need to do now is simply apply to the online teaching platform that you want to use. We’ve mentioned several of them in this article, and you can simply pick one.
What is needed for online teaching?
To successfully have an online teaching career, you are definitely going to be meeting on a laptop with a webcam. You also need a microphone, an internet connection, and finally, some knowledge about the subjects you are taking. If you have those, you can successfully have an online career teaching even without a degree.