BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Scholars – Applications are open for the BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Scholars. Outstanding African women academics who are based on the continent are invited to join the international community of early-career researchers working on the subject of African studies at the Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies, or BIGSAS.
BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Scholars
Based on the interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research environment of the Africa Multiple Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth, BIGSAS offers a center for imaginative and inventive doctorate training.
Within the Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP) offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), BIGSAS is giving out two scholarships in 2024. The scholarship periods start as early as October 2024 and, if applicable, include a summer German language course. The scholarships can be received for a maximum of four years during that time.
- Candidates need to hold an excellent master’s degree or a comparable one. At the time of BIGSAS’s nomination, the most recent master’s degree or its equivalent must have been earned within the previous six years.
- Available to exceptional female African researchers across the continent.
- Applicants should not have been residents of Germany for more than fifteen months at the time of nomination. Although applications can be submitted in French, German, or English, please be aware that BIGSAS only accepts English as its working language.
Application for BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Scholars
You will be required to submit supporting documentation in addition to completing the online form (in French, English, and German; please supply certificates, etc. as certified copies).
- The agreement on supervision.
- A one-page motivational letter outlining your reasons for applying to BIGSAS
- The writers of two personally signed reference letters must be acquainted with your academic background and must include their title and the name of the institution or institute.
- A curriculum vitae that details your educational background and accomplishments
- A digital version of your completed, marked master’s thesis
- A certificate of completion from secondary school or admission to a higher education institution
- A self-statement stating that you are enrolled at another university or university of applied sciences or that you have not been accepted for a PhD at another university
- A bachelor’s degree or certificate of equivalent degree, together with every page of the transcript of records (a certified copy is required for programs like DEA or DESS, for example).
- A list of academic publications
The above-listed documents are to be submitted before the deadline. Apply before the deadline.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2023