Bilateral education agreement awards have made it known to the general public the need for a better education. The BEA has provided a scholarship program for undergraduate students who want to achieve academic excellence in their educational carrier.
All interested applicants who want to apply should try and hurry because the BEA will help those that would be selected for the scholarship program to fulfill their educational dream.
Table of Contents
- Bilateral Education Agreement Awards
- Eligible Countries
- Eligible Study Centers for Undergraduate Students
- The Eligible Study Centers for Postgraduate Students
- Eligibility Criteria for the BEA Awards
- Eligible Fields of Studies for Undergraduate Students
- Benefits of the BEA Awards
- General Application Format
- Application Criteria for the BEA Awards
- Application Procedures for the BEA Awards
- List of Interview Center
Bilateral Education Agreement Awards
This scholarship program is been organized by the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) to help undergraduate, post-graduate students for the scholarship program. The program is for those who are willing to study hard for a better future.
The scholarship has its different study centers for both undergraduate and postgraduate students that are selected for the award program.
Eligible Study Centers for Undergraduate Students
The BEA has some study centers for those selected undergraduate students. Below is the list of study centers for undergraduate students:
The Eligible Study Centers for Postgraduate Students
Below is the list of study centers for Postgraduate students. See the list below:
- South Korea
Eligibility Criteria for the BEA Awards
Below is the list of eligibility criteria for the BEA awards for undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- Applicants must have 5 credits in their WASSEC results including Mathematics and English Language.
- The applicant’s certificate should not be more than 2 years.
- Applicants must be 18 to 20 years of age.
- Applicants must have a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper.
- Candidates who are previous recipients of foreign awards must have completed a 2 years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- Applicants must complete their NYSC before application.
- A latter for your employer showing your readiness to be released.
- Candidates must be 35 years downwards.
Eligible Fields of Studies for Undergraduate Students
Below is the list of eligible fields of studies for the BEA awards for undergraduate students. See the list below:
- Natural Sciences.
- Information Technology.
- Environmental Science.
- Social Science.
- International Relations.
- Human Medicine.
- Petroleum Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Business Administration.
- Civil Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronic Engineering.
Benefits of the BEA Awards
- Supplementation allowances of $6,000 per annum for both Postgraduate and Undergraduate students
- A clothing allowance for all selected scholars $250 per annum
- Health insurance for all scholars $200 per annum
- Postgraduate take-off grant ₦100,000.00 once before departure
- Undergraduate take-off grant ₦60,000.00 before departure
- Postgraduate research grants of $1000 per annum
- Medical allowance of $500 per annum for scholars of General Medicine
- Tuition fees and Accommodation
General Application Format
All applicants should take note of the following before applying for the Award.
- The BEA eligible study centers are Non-English speaking Countries, applicants must be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
- Applicants who selected Japan as their study centers must have a solid background in Further-Mathematics.
- For those who applied for a Bachelor in IMAM at Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious Studies in Algeria should apply with on WASSCE certificate only.
- Candidates who choose Hungarian can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the webpage: stipendiumhungaricum.hu, to fill the application form online.
- Applicants for Russian postgraduate award must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia.
- Candidates are to upload their certificates online
- Serbian undergraduate award duration is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for Ph.D.
Application Criteria for the BEA Awards
Candidates selected for the Bilateral Education Agreement Awards will have to bring the following documents to the Venue of the Interview with the Federal Scholarship Board.
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates.
- Data page of the current international passport.
- Medical reports from government hospitals.
- National identification number.
- Police clearance certificate where necessary.
- Two copies of your Birth certificate.
- Transcripts and NYSC discharge certificate.
Application Procedures for the BEA Awards
Below are the procedures of applying for the award
- Applicants are to logon to BEA award portal education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page.
- You are to read the guidelines and then complete the application form online.
- Students are to select interview centers close to them.
- Candidates are to print the Examination slip.
- You are to bring the printed examination slip to the interview center you selected.
List of Interview Center
Below is the list of interview centers accredited by the Board
- North-West: Sokoto-Sokoto and Kano-Kano
- North-East: Adamawa-Yola and Bauchi-Bauchi
- North-Central: FCT-Bwari and Kwara-Ilorin
- South-West: Oyo-Ibadan and Ondo-Akure
- South-South: Delta-Asaba and Rivers-P/Harcourt
- South-East: Enugu-Enugu and Imo-Owerri
NOTE: Applicants should go to these states listed above and visit the Ministry of educations offices for their interview.
I hope with this article you will be able to apply the awards.