There are several reasons people block friends on Facebook, it can be if there is harassment, stalking, or even bullying. Blocking someone from Facebook gives the person lesser access to your life. You may choose to block someone from Facebook if there is a falling out between friends or even family members.
Recommended for You >>> Facebook Apps Download: Download the Facebook Dating Apps
You may choose to block a Facebook user from Facebook to prevent future interactions. It might be that you’re tired of your friend’s constant posts or you’ve seen videos of your friends that you don’t like or you are angry at a friend’s in real life and want some space.
Blocking is the best option, the person will not be able to enter your news feed, your content won’t be served to them and they won’t be able to send you messages.
Block Someone From Facebook
Blocking someone from Facebook is more serious than the other options, when you block someone from Facebook they will not be able to communicate with you or see anything you post, and you won’t be able to see any of their posts or comments.
You will be invisible to each other on Facebook, the person blocked won’t be able to see your profile, invite you to events and send you an instant message through messenger. Before you decide to block someone from Facebook you will have to see if another action like unfriending, snoozing, or unfollowing might be more appropriate.
Block Someone on the Facebook App
You must be looking for how to block someone on the Facebook app, on your Android and iOS devices. The steps on how to block someone on your Facebook app are listed below:
- Open your Facebook app on your android device and tap on the three-dot icon at the top.
- Select Settings and Privacy from the menu followed by Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Blocking. Then tap on blocking and search for the person that you want to block.
- Tap on Block. A message will come in asking if you want to block the person or take a break.
- Tap on Block and the person will be blocked.
For iOS devices:
- Open your iOS device and login to your account on the Facebook app.
- Select Setting and Privacy from the menu and tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Blocking. Then tap on Blocking and search for the name of the person you want to block.
- Tap Block.
- In the confirmation pop-up, tap Block again.
Block Someone on Desktop
- Go to www.facebook.com in your internet browser.
- Login to your Facebook account and select the Account icon.
- Select Settings and Privacy, and select settings.
- On the left menu page select Blocking.
- In the Block Users box, you will enter the name of the person you want to block.
- Click Block.
- In the confirmation pop-up tap Block again.
With these steps you will notice that blocking someone from Facebook is very easy to do, it has no stress.