Applications for the British Council Grants for UK-Japan Research Collaborations 2024 are open now. Applications are being accepted for UK-Japan research projects with the themes “transformative technologies” and “tomorrow’s talent,” which are funded by the International Science Partnerships Fund (ISPF) of the Department of Science, Innovation, and Technology.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2024
British Council Grants for UK-Japan Research Collaborations 2024 (480,000 pounds total fund)
Under this ISPF research collaboration program, grants will be offered at 80% FEC for projects with a full economic cost of up to 100,000 pounds for bilateral research and innovation collaborations under the ISPF. priorities agreed upon throughout the call design phase with Japan. Research that addresses global difficulties will be supported and facilitated by funding provided by the call for global challenges research grants.
The following transformative technologies should be taken into consideration for initiatives under this call for proposals: artificial intelligence, quantum, engineering biology, semiconductors, and future telecommunications.
The talent of tomorrow: pipeline, systems, and capability for research.
- There are 480,000 pounds in total funds available for this call.
- Japan Research Collaboration Grants from the British Council 2024
- One principal applicant from the UK and one principal applicant from Japan are required for each proposal; they must both be eminent or seasoned researchers.
- The main candidates have to be employed permanently. Honorary and emeritus professors are not eligible to apply for principal roles.
- A higher education establishment that is not for profit and can conduct excellent research.
Use the online application for UK-Japan research cooperation to fill out and submit your application.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is January 19, 2024.
Open this link for more details.