Applications for the Brookings Internship Program 2024 for students are now open. The Brookings internship program is an opportunity for degree-seeking students to engage in career exploration and development, as well as a chance to learn new skills.
Brookings Internship Program 2024 for Students
The internship program’s goal is to give students relevant, meaningful, and hands-on work experience that is relevant to their field of study or desired career path. Internships can be found in one of Brooking’s central business units (e.g., human resources, executive office, finance, facilities, development, communications) or a research program at Brookings (e.g., governance studies, global economy, and development, economic studies, Brookings Metro, economic studies, or foreign policy).
The nature of the job varies depending on the internship position and could involve research projects, administrative duties, communications, and more. Interns at Brookings are integrated into the day-to-day operations of the organization. In addition to the specially designed learning opportunities for their cohort, they are encouraged to participate in staff professional development, internal and external events, social and community programming, and employee-led professional networks and affinity groups.
Internship for Brookings Internship Program 2024 for Students
- All Brooking interns receive compensation, which is provided by Brooking or through an outside partnership arranged ahead of time. The normal internship lasts 12 weeks and can be either remote or hybrid (based in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area; at least one day in the office is required depending on the schedule of the business unit or research program). Throughout the internship, interns must be physically present in the United States.
NOTE: Remote interns may not work from the following states: Alaska, Colorado, California, Hawaii, Maine, Oregon, Michigan, Rhode Island, and Washington.
Eligibility for the Brookings Internship Program 2024 for Students
Internships at Brookings are available to:
- People with any background or experience level.
- Current undergraduate and graduate pupils
- International students who are permitted to work in the United States or whose institution or university has sponsored their visa status.
Application for the Brookings Internship Program 2024 for Students
For consideration, all submissions must be received before the specified deadline. Until the internship is advertised online, applications will not be accepted. Applications that are complete include a resume.
- Cover letter.
- The job description may specify that a writing sample is needed.
Upon receipt of a completed application, each applicant is sent a confirmation email. When an application is found to be incomplete, candidates receive an email notification and are directed to revisit their candidate profile in ICIMS, Brooking’s applicant tracking system, to finish and resubmit their application.
Should a candidate be chosen as a finalist for an internship, they will need to submit written proof of eligibility (a letter from the institution or organization verifying this, along with the number of outside funds offered) if the internship is through an external partnership.
Application Deadline: November 5, 2023