Can You Download on Disney Plus? Disney+ is finally here, bringing all the Disney content we can handle, including offerings from Pixar, Lucasfilm, Marvel, National Geographic, and Fox.
Since there are decades worth of stuff to watch on this streaming service, your watch list is bound to be huge, and viewing all of those shows and movies is sure to eat up your data if you’re not on Wi-Fi.
Can You Download it on Disney Plus?
People often ask, “Can you download on Disney Plus?” Fortunately, there is the option of downloading videos directly to your device (as long as you have the space for it), which is insanely helpful.
What Do I Need to Get Started With Disney+ Downloads?
Most importantly, you need a subscription to Disney+. Depending on any deals offered for Disney+, a monthly subscription to Disney+ is $8.99 a month or $80.99 if you pay for the entire year in advance.
You can also subscribe to the Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu bundles. For $13 a month, not only does your subscription include Disney+, it also comes with ESPN+ and Hulu. With this offer, not only do you get Disney’s entire catalog, but you also have access to programming from ESPN and Hulu.
ESPN+ includes live and archived games and events from the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, NCAA, UFC, international soccer, and more. It also includes ESPN Originals and access to exclusive content on the website. With Hulu, you can watch more than 80,000 hours of TV episodes and shows from their massive on-demand library.
Once you have a Disney+ subscription, you’ll need a mobile device, such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet. You can only download Disney+ content to mobile devices. Shows can’t be downloaded to your Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, or laptop. Then, you need to install the Disney+ app on your mobile device and have enough storage space on it for the shows you plan to download. You can download content on up to 10 devices.
How to Customise Offline Viewing Settings on Disney+
Before you download anything, you should first customize your settings. You can control whether to only download on Wi-Fi, the video quality and where the downloads are stored. To customize these settings, tap your profile picture in the lower-right corner, then tap App Settings. The relevant settings are beneath the Downloads header.
Enable the Download over Wi-Fi-only toggle if you have cellular data limits that you don’t wish to exceed. Once enabled, any pending downloads will only begin when you are using a Wi-Fi connection.
Tap Download Quality and set it to either High, Medium, or Standard. The lower the quality, the quicker the download, and the less storage space it requires; it’s a good way to control how much data Disney+ uses. It tells you approximately how much content you can download for each quality with your current storage capacity.
Finally, tap Download location to choose between internal storage and external storage (like a microSD card). If you don’t have any external storage, this won’t be possible.
How To Download Movies on The Disney Plus App?
- Go to your smartphone and open the Disney Plus app.
- Click on your profile.
- Choose the movie you want to download. Every piece of content on Disney Plus can be downloaded; however, you can only watch content offline on a mobile device.
- Click on the small download button that is next to the movie. You can also download an entire season of a show if you choose.
- Click on the Downloads tab at the bottom of the app.
- From your Downloads tab, you can access any of the content you’ve previously downloaded and watch it on your mobile device.
How to Download TV Shows on the Disney Plus App
- Open the Disney Plus app.
- Tap the “Home” tab to browse for a movie, or tap the magnifying glass icon to “Search” the content library.
- Select the TV show you want to download and watch offline.
- To download an entire season of a TV series, go to the show’s page.
- Swipe up until you see the season number dropdown, and tap the download button to the right of it.
- Select “Download Season” in the pop-up window that appears at the bottom of the app screen.
- Once all episodes are entirely loaded, go to the Download tab and select the show from the list of available downloads.
- Tap an episode from the list of those available to begin watching.
- To download a single episode, swipe up until you see the episode you want to download.
- Tap the download button to the far right of the episode title, beneath the episode image.
- Once the episode has successfully downloaded, tap it to begin playing it offline.
How to Download Movies to Your iPhone from the Disney+ App
- Open the Disney+ app.
- Find the movie that you want to download to your iPhone.
- Tap the Download icon at the center of the screen.
- It will take some time for the movie to download to your device, as the file sizes are quite large.
- There is also a Downloads tab at the bottom of the screen that you can tap to gain access to the downloaded movies.
How to Download Movies on Disney Plus with StreamFab’s Disney Plus Downloader
- First, install the software on your device and open the interface.
- Find the Disney Plus movie you want to download. You can also copy and paste your video URL directly into the address bar on the homepage.
- Search for the movie and play it, and then a pop-up window will ask for your video options.
- After customization, you can download the Disney Plus movies right now or add them to the queue.
How to Download Movies on Disney Plus with the PlayOn Cloud Mobile Streaming DVR App
PlayOn Cloud for iOS and Android devices is a mobile app that lets you record and download from streaming services like Disney+. Initiate recordings from your mobile device from anywhere, and we’ll notify you when your recording is complete. Recordings will be temporarily stored in a complimentary cloud “locker” and available for download from anywhere on any device.
- First, download and install the PlayOn Cloud app on your iOS or Android device.
- Create a free account and start your free trial to get your first five recordings for free.
- From the Channels tab, tap on the Disney+ channel and then search for or browse for the Disney+ show or movie you’d like to download.
- Select the title(s) you want and hit the Record button, or Record All to record an entire season.
- PlayOn records in real-time. When your recordings are complete, you can find them in the Recordings tab. Your recordings will be there for you to watch offline at any time.
Download your Disney+ recordings to your device, and you’ll be able to watch on your device or cast videos to your TV using a Roku, Chromecast, FireTV, or SmartTV. You can choose to automatically skip the ads when you watch!
How to Manage Downloads
- Launch Disney+ on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Downloads tab in the bottom menu bar.
- If there’s a movie downloading, you can tap on the Stop button to either pause or remove the download (this also applies to episode downloads).
- You can also swipe left on a movie (or a series, or an episode) in the download list to delete it.
- You can tap Edit to batch-delete episodes.
- Tap the checkbox for the episodes you want to delete.
- You can tap Select All to select everything at once instead of one by one.
- Tap the Trash Can button to delete those selected items.
- Once an item is downloaded, the progress circle changes to a phone icon. Tap it to bring up the Remove Download option to delete the download from your device and free up space.
How Do I Watch Downloaded Disney Plus Movies On TV?
While casting your downloads from your mobile device through Chromecast or using AirPlay on your TV, you can watch downloaded movies from Disney Plus on TV.
What Kind of Movies Can You Download from Disney Plus?
Almost all of Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, 20th Century Studios, Touchstone Pictures, and many other content-providing brands can be watched offline on Disney+.
Is there a limit to the number of shows I can download?
No. You can download as many movies and shows as you have storage space on your mobile device.