Capital Fellows Program 2024-2025: Applications are open for the Capital Fellow Program 24–2025. The Capital Fellows programs are nationally renowned public policy fellowships that provide special opportunities for policy formulation and decision-making in every state sector of California’s government.
Capital Fellows Program 2024-2025 (Stipend Available)
Capital fellows work in a legislative, executive, or judicial branch office for ten to eleven months as full-time, paid employees. Typically assigned assignments with a significant degree of responsibility and challenges, capital fellows work with state legislators, senior-level executive staff, and court administrators on a variety of public policy issues and projects. They are positioned at some of the highest levels of the California state government.
Benefits for the Capital Fellows Program 2024-2025 (Stipend Available)
All fellows receive:
- Enrollment in full payment and receive six graduate units
- A $3,253 monthly income with benefits for vision, dentistry, and healthcare
- A lump-sum, non-taxable moving allowance of $875
- Deferment of student loans
- After the fellowship is successfully completed, a graduate certificate in applied policy and government is awarded.
Eligibility for the Capital Fellows Program 2024-2025 (Stipend Available)
- The applicant’s age must not exceed 20 years old on September 1st of the fellowship year.
- By September 1st of the fellowship year, applicants must have finished their bachelor’s degree and have either a total undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher or a GPA of 2.5 or higher in the final 90 (quarter) or 60 (semester) units.
- Foreign nationals need to show documentation of their legal immigration status. The program is in compliance with neither the J-1 or F-1 visa requirements nor the requirements of any work permit that requires the use of the E-verify system.
- Candidates need to be ready for a full-time job.
Application for Capital Fellows Program 2024-2025 (Stipend Available)
The following materials must be included with all applications:
- Statements about oneself and policies or programs
- Finished the internet application.
- Three endorsement letters
- Transcripts from every institution and college attended
The Capital Fellows Program 2024-2025 is a highly competitive program that offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in public policy to work in the California state government. With a monthly stipend, benefits, and enrollment in graduate units, it provides a comprehensive package for the selected fellows.
The eligibility criteria require applicants to have completed their bachelor’s degree and be ready for a full-time job. If you meet the eligibility requirements and are interested in the program, make sure to submit a complete application by December 4, 2023.
Application Deadline: December 4, 2023