Car Won’t Turn Over. Are you having a problem starting your car? is there any reason why my car is not starting? Or could it be that there is something wrong with my car? Are there solutions or anything that could be done to make my car turn over? Are those questions the reason you have been thinking or maybe having a sleepless night?
And you need to solve it so your car can turn over again. You need to worry no more because in this article we got you covered. All you need to do is to read this article carefully because I think this is the perfect content for you.
There are so many reasons why your can can’t turn over. And these reasons can’t just be covered or not considered to be anything. And everyone knows that cars are one of the things that give man comfort and also a means of meeting up some urgent needs.
Car Won’t Turn Over
Now how do you know if your car won’t turn over, when you turn the key or push the button to start a car, the battery sends electricity to the starter motor which signals the crankshaft to start turning. Like saying that the engine “Won’t turn over” means that the crankshaft isn’t turning, so the other parts won’t be able to move to start the car.
Sometimes it is very frustrating if your car won’t start especially when you are going to an urgent meeting or an important occasion. If your vehicle won’t start, it’s sometimes caused by a dying or weak battery and dead battery, loose and corroded connection cables, a bad alternator, or an issue with the starter. Sometimes it could be very hard to tell which one of them can be the cause because there are a lot of reasons why your car won’t start.
What to do when your Car Won’t Turn Over?
Now if you turn the car key and your car won’t start, don’t give up, before you call for a tow, try some of these simple tricks to get your car started again
- Cycling of the key.
- Tapping on the battery terminals.
- Smacking the starter.
- Shifting the shifter.
- Try Swapping relays
- You can also smack the fuel tank.
- Un-flooding a flooded engine.
Above are some things to try if your car won’t turn over.
Reasons Why Your Car Won’t Start
- Dead battery: A dead battery is the most common reason why your car won’t start. The battery is the made thing the car uses to provide electricity for the whole car and electrical components. While the vehicle is active the alternator charges the battery. If the battery is not charged you will not be able to use or start the car or use any electrical components
- Defective ignition switch: If you know your battery is working properly, but your car doesn’t turn over on the first few tries, the ignition switch might be the cause or reason your car won’t turn over. You can try to narrow down the cause of your issue by turning on your headlights. This is because your car’s battery controls your headlights and dashboards, and if it’s the case that they turn on your engine isn’t able to start, the bad ignition switch is the likely culprit.
- Empty gas tank: You might feel a bit silly if this is the cause why your car isn’t turning over, but it happens more often than you may think! When driving around all the time, it’s sometimes easy to forget that your gas tank needs to be refilled. The solution here is simple … get more gas.
How to Make Your Car Turn Over
Do you really want your car to turn over? Then you are reading the right article. For you to put your car in order, firstly try some of the above tricks and if it is not working then you can take it to the nearer mechanic or car repair near you.