Join Catalyst Fund, Mastercard Foundation, and MEST for the official launch of the Catalyst Fund Inclusive Digital Commerce Accelerator in Ghana 2020.
The program aims to improve the livelihoods and financial resilience of Ghana’s micro and small enterprises (MSEs).
Recommended >>> AEIP Cleantech Thematic Challenge for African and EU Startups 2020
Who have been hardest hit by the impact of the COVID-19 economic crisis – by scaling innovative companies that can help them better leverage digital commerce.
The program is supported by the Mastercard Foundation and implemented in partnership with MEST. The accelerator also marks the first expansion of the Catalyst Fund beyond its flagship Inclusive Fintech program.
Catalyst Fund Inclusive Digital Commerce Accelerator in Ghana 2020
Through the Investment Advisory Committee, six innovative digital commerce companies will be selected over the next two years, leveraging Catalyst Fund’s existing proven model to offer flexible grant capital, bespoke venture acceleration support, and connections with global circles of investors and corporate innovators.
The virtual event on November 4th will bring together leading players in Ghana’s digital commerce space through a fireside chat and panel and will conclude with a pitch showcase from four leading digital commerce companies operating in Ghana.
Applications are still ongoing, so you need not worry about the deadline now.
With this commerce acceleration;
- The accelerator will scale six digital commerce companies for the next two years.
- Each company will receive a grant that via very flexible.
The companies that meet the following criteria will be evaluated for selection;
- Inclusive: preference for companies with proven desire to serve informal MSEs
- Proven Traction: the company who has already raised a minimum of $100k from investors or reserve positive, and serving at least a minimum of 500 customers.
- Stage fit: company has a product in the market and is in the scaling stage.
- Minimum runway: the company has 6-12 months of runway.
- The company must be Ghana-based.
- Product type: company is offering solutions across the digital commerce value chain.
- Youth Focus: company primarily serves informal MSEs and workers of the age of 18-35
- Scale Potential: company can contribute to the goal of reaching 25, 000 additional MSEs within 2 years.
How to Apply
You can apply by expressing your interest through the website. For more details and application, click HERE.