Applications for the CatchLight Global Fellowship 2024 are open now. The CatchLight Global Fellowship 2024 is an exciting opportunity for photographers who are passionate about creating positive change through their work.
With a $30,000 award, the fellowship provides a unique opportunity for selected photographers to advance their careers, receive mentorship and support, and bring their important stories to a global audience.
If you are a photographer committed to social impact and storytelling, this fellowship could be the perfect opportunity for you. The deadline for applications is December 9, 2023, so don’t hesitate to apply.
CatchLight Global Fellowship 2024 ($30,000 award)
Utilizing the visual medium to educate, inspire, and unite communities is the goal of CatchLight. Visual storytellers who are ready to use their photography, videography, or leadership to spark social change are recognized with the CatchLight Global Fellowship. These individuals use their visual storytelling skills to develop creative distribution strategies and powerful audience engagement.
Sharing knowledge and procedures with the CatchLight community and the larger field is essential to achieving the objectives of the Global Fellowship. Throughout the fellowship year, fellows are accountable for disseminating findings and ideas via the following three main reporting channels:
- Conversations with the beneficiary and/or important parties
- Presentation of the results in public.
- Data collection and documentation in visual form
Benefits of the CatchLight Global Fellowship 2024
- $30 000 prize.
- Travel and lodging expenses for the 2024 CatchLight visual storytelling summit in San Francisco, April 26–28, are covered.
- The possibility of future funding increasing through the CatchLight Impact Fund
- Opportunities for personal growth, such as executive coaching,
- A group of like-minded people and experts within the business with opportunities for speaking engagements, education, and mentoring
- Impact plan and networking assistance from CatchLight employees and our broader network.
Eligibility for the CatchLight Global Fellowship 2024
You are the ideal candidate for a CatchLight Global Fellowship if you are an:
- A leader with a plan to advance or grow the field.
- Educator with innovative approaches to supporting upcoming storytellers.
- Long-form storyteller with a specific impact project.
Assessment Criteria for the CatchLight Global Fellowship 2024
The following goal outcomes will be taken into consideration while evaluating proposals, and they will be evaluated based on how they use and improve new techniques and potential solutions:
- Community activations involve examining the ways in which visual storytelling might be used to target certain audiences and/or meet particular information needs in the community.
- Distribution innovation: experimenting with a fresh approach to an already-existing project in order to successfully use images to captivate a particular audience.
Application for the CatchLight Global Fellowship 2024
To apply, you will be asked to provide the following:
- A one-page thesis statement that encapsulates your goals and objectives
- A 250-word summary of your distribution, engagement, and/or impact plan that specifies who your work’s target audience is
- A 100-word fellowship statement outlining how your work, in particular, and graphics in general spark societal change, who your work is intended to inform, and the personal connections your work fosters
- A 250-word summary of the suggested work
- An estimated cost for the suggested work. Although this budget may go over the grant amount, do take note of the intended use of the CatchLight funding.
- Three references from the workplace The email and phone number must be included in the contact details.
- A little bio
- A duplicate of your resume
The CatchLight Global Fellowship 2024 is an incredible opportunity for photographers who are passionate about creating positive change through their work. With a $30,000 award, the fellowship provides a unique opportunity for selected photographers to advance their careers, receive mentorship and support, and bring their important stories to a global audience.
If you are a photographer committed to social impact and storytelling, this fellowship could be the perfect opportunity for you to take your career to the next level and make a difference in the world. So, don’t hesitate to apply before the deadline of December 9, 2023.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2023