Have you heard of the chrome incognito mode? If you haven’t heard of the chrome incognito mode, then stick around for some enlightenment. Popularly known as the incognito mode, the chrome incognito mode is one of the browsing modes in chrome. This mode lets users browse through the web on their devices privately. This feature however is not only available on chrome browsers, just so you should know. If you are browsing the internet with a chrome browser and you don’t want Google Chrome to remember your activity or you just feel like browsing privately through the web, then you should try the incognito mode.
A lot of internet users have been making use of this feature on web browsers for a long time now. I mean who doesn’t want to browse safely through the internet, without having the feeling of the extra eyes? I don’t know if you get what I mean. But with this browsing mode on chrome browsers, you get to browse privately. It’s that simple. For those users who don’t know how to activate or browse in this mode, I will be giving you the steps needed to browse in the chrome incognito mode in a bit.
What Happens When You Browse With The Chrome Incognito Mode
Before I provide you with the directives of browsing in the incognito mode, there are a few things you will need to know about this browsing mode. When you browse privately on chrome, your browsing history, cookies, site data, or pieces of information entered in forms won’t be saved. Downloaded files and bookmarked sites and webpages will be kept. Your activity on or from websites you visit won’t be hidden from your employers, your school, or your internet provider.
How To Browse In Private Using Incognito Mode
To browse in private using the incognito mode, follow the steps below;
- Open the Chrome app on your desktop.
- Click the more icon in the top right.
- Select new incognito mode from the menu.
- Immediately a new window appears. You can check for the incognito icon in the top right corner just to be sure.
To Close The Incognito Mode;
- Go to the incognito window.
- Closet the window. For windows or chrome OS, click the X icon at the top right. For mac, click the X icon at the top left.
- Open the Chrome app on your device.
- Tap more to the right of the address bar.
- Select new incognito tab.
- A new window will appear immediately and you can check for the incognito icon at the top left.
To close the incognito tab or window; you can simply close all the incognito tabs to exit incognito mode. Or
- Open the Chrome app;
- Tap switch tabs at the top right.
- You will see your incognito tabs on the right.
- Tap the X icon at the top right of your incognito tabs.
- Open the Chrome app on your iOS device.
- Tap more and select new incognito tab. A new tab opens immediately. You can check for the incognito icon at the top of the tabs to see if you are in incognito mode.
To close incognito mode, on the other hand, you will have to exit all incognito tabs opened. And to do this;
- Open the Chrome app.
- At the bottom of the app, tap switch tabs.
- Locate the tab you want to close and tap the X icon.
It’s that simple and easy.