Are you one of the many Chrome users who are having one issue or the other with the chrome notifications? There are some users who are looking for how to enable the notifications settings on their chrome browsers. Some on the other hand are looking for a way to off or disable the notification setting on their chrome web browsers. Whichever category you find yourself in, the answer to your problem will be discussed in the course of this article. All you, therefore, need to do to get the desired piece of information you crave, is to continue reading.
The chrome notifications feature can be a blessing to a lot of persons and at the same time be a thorn in the flesh to others. You may be wondering how this is possible. Well in the course of this article you will find out how. You will also find other relevant pieces of information. A notification feature is a very important feature in any platform. The chrome browser which is one of the most popular web browsers in the world also has a notifications feature. And just like most notifications settings and features.
The notifications feature on the chrome browser can be a very helpful tool reminding you of important events and happening’s in the platforms you have visited with the browser. With the chrome notifications feature, you will not get to miss out on any important thing pertaining to the tool. Let’s say, for instance, you have earmarked an event on Facebook, and due to one reason nor the other you haven’t been able to login to the Facebook platform. The chrome notification feature will notify you of this event. And you will also be notified of live updates from important sites and web pages.
This feature can also be annoying at times. Want to know why and how. There are most platforms that will prompt you to enable the notifications feature before you would be given access to the platform. Personally, I have had experiences with these or such platforms and I know what I mean. There are times when you open your chrome browser and immediately you get bombarded with all sorts of pop-ups and notifications. This can be extremely annoying. And the best thing to do in a position like this since these notifications are not of any relevance to you is to block them.
How To Allow Or Block Notifications On Chrome
By default, chrome lets you know whenever a website, an extension, or an app wants to send you notifications. As a chrome user, you can choose to change this very setting at any time. When you browse through sites that show or display misleading notifications, the chrome browser blocks them automatically and also recommends that you continue to block these notifications on your own end. To block or allow notifications from all sites, follow the steps below;
- Open the Chrome app on your computer.
- Click the more icon in the top right corner.
- Select settings.
- Under the privacy and security section, click site settings.
- Select notifications and choose to block or allow notifications.
- Allow or block all – turn on or off the sites that can ask to send notifications.
- Block a site – click the add tab next to block. Enter the site URL and click ‘add’.
- Allow a site – click ‘add’ next to allow. Enter the site URL and click ‘add’.
- Allow quieter notification prompts.
- Open the chrome tab on your android device.
- Tap the more icon in the top right corner.
- Tap the settings option.
- Select site settings and then tap the notifications tab.
- Turn the setting on or off at the top of the notifications page.
To Allow Or Block Notifications From A Particular Site;
- Open the Chrome app.
- Go to the web page you want to or don’t want to receive notifications from.
- Tap more to the right of the address bar. Next, select info.
- Tap site settings and then select notifications. If you do not see the site setting here, it simply means that the said site cannot send you notifications.
- Lastly choose allow or block.
To Turn Off Pop-Ups
- Open the Chrome app on your android device.
- Tap more to the right of the address bar.
- Tap site settings and then pop-ups and redirects.
- Next, turn pop-ups and redirects off.
By default, Chrome doesn’t get notifications on your iOS device, iPhone, or iPad. If on the other hand, you receive any alerts from chrome it simply means that you have pop-ups enabled. To therefore turn off pop-ups;
- Open the Chrome app.
- Tap the more icon.
- Tap the settings icon on the next page.
- Select content settings and then tap block pop-ups.
- Lastly, turn block pop-ups off.
That’s all you need to know regarding chrome notifications.