Claude Ake Visiting Chair Programme 2024: Applications for the Claude Ake Visiting Chair Programme 2024 are open now. The Claude Ake Visiting Chair Programme is dedicated to honoring Professor Claude Ake’s memory and invites internationally recognized senior scholars with professional competence to apply.
Application Deadline: January 21, 2024
Claude Ake Visiting Chair Programme 2024 (funded)
This program is intended for social scientists who support social justice and have expertise in fields such as development, human rights, war, peace, and conflict resolution from African universities. Awarded the Chair, scholars will be able to work on ongoing projects at the Nordic Africa Institute and Uppsala University’s Department of Peace and Conflict Research in addition to doing their research.
A tax-free monthly stipend or scholarship of 30,000 SEK is due to the recipient. There will be deductions from the stipend or scholarship if the recipient is absent from Uppsala for reasons unrelated to the program. Furthermore, the award also covers the position holder’s lodging and travel expenses. The NAI and DPCR offer the chairholder office space in addition to standard office supplies.
Eligibility Criteria for Claude Ake Visiting Chair Programme 2024
- Senior scholars with professional proficiency in their particular fields of specialization and recognition on a global scale are the ideal candidates. This typically translates as Associate Professor, Professor, or the equivalent.
- It is anticipated that the Chair will reside in Uppsala for three (3) months between mid-August and mid-December of 2024. Candidates ought to be available at this time.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- A comprehensive and up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) that includes pertinent details about the applicant’s academic title, previous and present positions, research and teaching activities, and publications list is required for submission. It should also have the appropriate contact details.
- A succinct synopsis of the research endeavors the visiting chair will be conducting.
- A research proposal that outlines the primary objectives and anticipated outcomes of the study to be conducted during the visit. The plan should be no more than three pages long and no more than five pages.
- The applicant has published two works. These are often going to be the two most significant articles about the study topic that will be investigated throughout the visit.
- A formal letter of recommendation, signed by a prominent academic or policymaker who is employed in the applicant’s field.
- A letter attesting to the application’s support from the nominee’s connected institution, signed by the applicant’s department head or dean (or equivalent).
In conclusion, the Claude Ake Visiting Chair Program 2024 is an excellent opportunity for senior scholars with professional competence to work on ongoing projects and conduct their research in the fields of development, human rights, war, peace, and conflict resolution. The selected candidate will receive a tax-free monthly stipend or scholarship of 30,000 SEK, along with lodging and travel expenses.
The application deadline is January 21, 2024, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting the required documents, including a comprehensive CV, a research proposal, two significant articles related to the research topic, and letters of recommendation and support from the applicant’s institution. Female candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is January 21, 2024.
Open this link for more details about the Claude Ake Visiting Chair Programme 2024.