Speaking of Climate change and COP26 – Open call for creative commissions, The British Council is inviting applications for creative commissions that bring together art, science, and digital technology and offer innovative responses to climate change. The commissions will be part of the cultural program in the build-up to the United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties. Which is being hosted by the UK in Glasgow in November 2021.
They are inviting collaborative applications from individuals and organizations in the UK with partners from eligible countries and states overseas worldwide. You can apply for up to £50,000 to realize your creative idea and the commission is looking to support up to 20 great projects. To learn more about this commission, read on.
Climate change and COP26 – Open call for creative commissions Eligibility
- Applicants must include at least one partner in the UK and also one Overseas partner from any of the eligible countries.
- Applicants must be living in their respective countries at the time of application and also the duration of the project.
- Partners from countries outside of the list of eligible countries can be part of a collaboration but cannot receive any financial benefit from this grant.
- A partner will be contacted and responsible for leading communications and disseminating the grant to all collaborators.
- Individuals, organizations, and/or informal collectives/networks are all eligible to apply but should have demonstrable experience of managing similar projects and grants.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate clear benefits to the overseas eligible country, which should be reflected through the project planning (including budget allocation), delivery, and dissemination. This includes demonstrating how the overseas partners or their audiences may benefit from showcasing opportunities, new networks, and/or capacity building. Mutuality must be a central component of international collaboration.
- Applicants should support the ethos and values of this commission and where appropriate, have a demonstrable history of supporting environmentally friendly and low carbon ideas and initiatives.
- Applicants who are to new sustainable practices and want to include this in their businesses or work moving forward are encouraged to submit joint applications with those who have more experience in this area.
Climate change and COP26 – Open call for creative commissions Deadline
December 13, 2020
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Malawi, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Climate change and COP26 – Open call for creative commissions Application
Applicants must read full details about the commission call and those that can apply in the Briefing Document.
Once you have finished reading the briefing document, please fill out the following forms and then email them to Creativecommisions@britishcouncil.org