Columbia University received about 60,551 applications for the class of 2025 (entering 2021) and a total of around 2,218 were admitted to the two schools for an overall acceptance rate of 3.66%.
The school is a racially diverse school, with approximately 52% of all students identifying themselves as persons of color. Also, 50% of all undergraduates get grants from Columbia.
CHECK IT OUT: Stanford University – Stanford University Tuition and Fees 2021-2022
However, the average grant size awarded to these students is $46,516. As of 2015–2016, annual undergraduate tuition at Columbia was $50,526 with a total cost of attendance of $65,860 (including room and board).
Columbia University is also known as Columbia, and officially as Columbia University in the City of New York. Thus, it is a private Ivy League research university in New York City, founded in 1754 as King’s College on the grounds of Trinity Church in Manhattan, Columbia.
It is the oldest institution of higher education in New York and the fifth-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States.
Another amazing thing about the school is its financial aids offer. The Annual gifts, fund-raising, and an increase in spending from the university’s endowment have allowed Columbia to extend generous financial aid packages to qualifying students.
Columbia University Tuition
An itemized estimate of the cost of attending Columbia College for the 2020–2021 academic year of nine months is as follows:
- Tuition: $58,920.
- Mandatory Fees: $2,751.
- Average Room and Board: $15,130.
- Books and Personal Expenses: $3,538.
- Total= $80,339 + Travel.
Take note; Undergraduate tuition has been set at $60,098 less $1,178 for a final 2020-2021 undergraduate tuition rate of $58,920 which is flat to last year’s value. However, there’s also an additional charge of $365 for new students who are required to attend Orientation.
Columbia University Courses
The College reserves the right to withdraw or modify the courses of instruction or to change the instructors at any time.
- African American and African Diaspora Studies, American Studies, Ancient Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Art History, and Archaeology, Astronomy.
- Biological Sciences, Business.
- Chemistry, Classics.
- Colloquia, Interdepartmental Seminars, and Professional School Offerings.
- Comparative Literature and Society.
- Computer Science, Creative Writing.
- Drama and Theatre Arts.
- Earth and Environmental Sciences, East Asian Languages and Cultures.
- Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology.
- Economics, Education, English and Comparative Literature, Ethnicity and Race Studies.
- Film and Media Studies.
- French and Romance Philology.
- Germanic Languages.
- History and Philosophy of Science.
- Human Rights.
- Jazz Studies.
- Jewish Studies.
- Language Resource Center.
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
- Latin American and Iberian Cultures.
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies.
- Middle Eastern, South Asian, and African Studies.
- Physical Education and Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Political Science.
- Public Health.
- Regional Studies.
- Slavic Languages.
- Sustainable Development.
- Urban Studies.
- Visual Arts.
- Women’s and Gender Studies.
These are courses offered at Columbia University.
Columbia University Ranking
Columbia University is one of the leading Private Universities in NY, United States. It is ranked #19 in QS Global World Rankings 2022. Also, it ranked #3 in national universities, #61 in best undergraduate teachings (tie), and #6 in best value schools according to US news.