Applications are open for the Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort 2021. The Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort is seeking 24 talented climate and environment researchers that are committed to building climate resilience through a multidisciplinary research programme.
The Cohort is for passionate climate and environment researchers seeking to enhance their leadership and also knowledge skills. It is set to work together and with experts from across the Commonwealth in order to identify opportunities to engage and influence on issues of climate and environment in the lead up to COP26.
Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort 2021
The Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort through providing training, access to networks and COP26 travel funding, the ACU and the British Council are working in partnership to support rising stars in climate and environment research who are working towards solutions for climate-vulnerable regions across the Commonwealth.
The deadline for submission for the application is 23:59 on January 31, 2021.
In the whole of 2021, applicants that are successful will benefit from the following;
- Funded attendance at COP26 in Glasgow, UK.
- Leadership training with a cohort of peers through virtual, expert-led workshops
- Skills development for knowledge exchange and policy influence
- The opportunity to conduct a peer-led research-to-action project with seed funding
- Access to mentorship from an international network of climate and environment researchers through the ACU’s Climate Change and Resilience Network.
To find out more about the programme please contact George Lakey, senior programme officer, at email@example.com.
The following eligibility criteria must be meant to be able to apply;
- Must be based at an ACU member university
- As an applicant, you hold a Ph.D. at the time of application
- Be a post-doctoral researcher with no more than eight years of post-doctoral research experience working in the broad field of climate and environment research, who is in a funded research role until at least December 2021
- Have a letter that is signed by your head of department, supervisor or another senior member of staff supporting your participation in this project between March-November 2021.
- Applicants must be residents of an ODA eligible Commonwealth small state. Or of another Commonwealth country with a research focus applicable to an ODA eligible small state.
The Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort project is committed to supporting future research leaders and it also encourages applications from a diverse range of candidates, including those who identify as disabled.