Cox Self Activation step is very easy once you follow the guide on this post. Do you want to activate Cox yourself? Then this post is for you. Cox communication provides high-speed internet of 100 MBPS, TV services, and digital telephone service.
It is among the top Internet providers in the US with over 20 million subscribers. So, with the Cox Internet self install, you’ll spend less and yet set up a high-speed internet connection to stream live tv shows, play video games, and surf the internet.
Cox Self Activation
Cox internet self-install takes only a few steps after which you will set up your modem and gateway. Depending on what you want, you will get either modem or cox gateway to assist with the Cox internet setup.
However, if you choose the cable Internet, you’ll get a modem and a Cox gateway when you choose other connections. The section below will guide you on how to set up cox Internet yourself. After that, you move to the activation procedure.
How to set up Cox Internet
To begin the installation process, do the following;
- Get the install kit – the kit includes the Cox Gateway or modem, coaxial cables, a power adapter, an Ethernet cord, a cable filter, and a guide manual.
- Position your modem – find a perfect location to fix your modem/gateway. It is to ensure maximum speed when using the internet connection.
- Connecting the coax and power cable – now connect one end of the coax cable to a wall plus and the other to the port on the modem. Next, plug in the power cable to your modem and a power outlet.
Select the next step depending on the connection you choose.
For your cable modem installation
Allow the modem to boot. It will boot automatically.
Connect the modem to an internet-enabled device, such as a smartphone or PC.
The next thing is to Activate the Cox network. The second section below will guide you on the activation process.
For Cox Gateway self-installation
Wait for the Internet and wifi to be ready – The WiFi gateway includes the modem and router. So when the Internet and wifi light turns solid, you can then connect any wifi enabled device to the internet.
How to Activate your Cox Account
To activate the Cox account yourself, do the following;
- Go to your preferred browser.
- Visit https://activation.cox.net
- Tap on the “Next” button
- Choose your state from a drop-down menu. It may also ask you to select your city.
- Fill in either your phone number (the one used to set up the service) or your work order number.
- Hit the “Next.” Button
- Click the “Next.” Tab
- Verify your contact info and make updates if required
- Check the box next to “All my equipment is installed at my activation address.”
- Read the Cox Communication Acceptable Use Policy and tap the box next to “I accept.”
- Tap on “Activate.” Button.
The next page will show a progress bar as Cox Communications finalizes your account information and installation. Moreover, the process can last for about 30mins, depending on the type and number of cox services you installed.
Once the activation process finishes, you should see a “Register Now” button. Tap on it to finish the activation and to add any remaining account info.
How to update your Cox Modem’s Settings
You can edit your modem’s settings via the website or Cox Connect mobile app. To edit or update via the website, follow the guide under;
- Navigate to the Cox official page
- Then, sign in to your account.
- Go to “My Internet,” and click on “My Wi-Fi.”
- Tao on the “Network Settings” button. Depending on your modem, you will see info about your 2.4 GHz networks or a dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz network.
- Each network displays the Network Name (SSID) and Key (Password). Key in either field to change the name and key.
- Tap on the “Save” button to store your new SSID and Password and exit out.
After updating your info, you can reconnect your devices using the new Network Name and Key.