Create Gmail Account For Business today following the simple steps in this write-up. If you’re wondering how to set up a Gmail for business, coming across this post is the best thing that has happened to you. Why did I say so? This content is embedded with step by step and beginners friendly guide on how to Create Gmail for business.
So to get the juices out of this post I encourage you to read to the end, as you learn how to create Gmail account for business purposes.
Create Gmail Account For Business
Get a branded email that your customers recognize and trust as you sign up Gmail business account today. Setting up Gmail for business email is very easy and fast. In just a few steps, you will learn how to perform Gmail account sign-up for business purposes.
However, your Gmail business email features access to Google Workspace’s all-in-one email, communication, and productivity software suite. So, to get started go to Google Workspace to set up your account and begin your 14-day free trial right away.
After you set up your google Workspace account, you will need to connect your domain name, create a user name, and add your payment information. However, you can use your existing domain, or purchase one from Google or from other trusted domain registrars.
How to Create Gmail Account For Business – Create Gmail Account for Business Free
To create your business Gmail account, do the following;
Step 1: Create a Google Workspace Account to Use Gmail for Business
- Go to the Google Workspace website at https://workspace.google.com/
- Tap on the “Get Started” button. This will take you to a page asking for your business name, the number of employees, and the region or country where your business is based.
- Fill out the form and click “Next.”
- On the new page, add your name, email address, and business phone number
- Then, click “Next.”
Step2: Connect Your Domain (or Buy a New Domain)
After providing your contact information, you can connect your business domain name. A domain is what comes after “www” in a web address ( URL) and comes after the @ sign on your email address. For instance, a domain name for Facebook is “facebook.com.”
How to Use a Domain You Already Own
If you have an existing domain do this
- Tap on “Yes, I have one I can use.”
- Type in your domain name (e.g., yourbusiness.com) and click “Next.”
- Move to your domain name registrar’s admin console home page and enter the MX records that Google Workspace provides in your Domain Name System (DNS).
- Then follow the guide from the registrar’s admin console home page.
How to Get a New Domain Name
If you don’t have a domain name select “No, I need one.” Search domain names to see if your business name is available. If it is available, you can register it to use for your Gmail business email. Otherwise, you can provide another preferred domain name or select from the alternatives that Google will generate for you.
Step3: How to Create Your Gmail Business Email User Name
The next step is to create Gmail account username and password to use as your Gmail business email. Your username is what comes before the “@” sign and your domain name (e.g., [email protected] Then tap on “Agree and Continue.”
Using the same username format helps to keep your company’s emails consistent and easy to organize. Before you choose a username format, consider the size of your organization only.
Step 4: Input Payment Information to Complete Gmail Account Setup
Google offers a 14-day free trial, so you will not be billed during this period, although you still need to add payment information. The plan is set up to be Business Standard by default. However, you can choose to downgrade or upgrade to the next plan within your free trial. Tap “Next” and complete the checkout process to start using Gmail business email.
The four steps above are steps on how to successfully create a business Gmail account.
What Next, After Business Gmail Account Creation?
After setting up your Google Workspace account and business email address, you can proceed to customize it, migrate your email, and access the Google suite of productivity tools.
How to Customize your Email
Go to your Gmail account. Then tap on the Settings icon in the top right corner. You can customize elements in your email, including your profile picture, email theme, how you organize your inbox, and creating a unique email signature.
How to Migrate Email to Gmail
To migrate email to Gmail do this
- Go to admin.google.com and click on “Apps.”
- Proceed to the Setup section
- Check the box next to “User email uploads,” and click “Save.”
- Then, go back to your Gmail and click on the Settings icon in the top right corner.
You can now start the import process.
How to Add New Users
To add more users to your team do the following;
- Navigate to Google Domains
- Tap on “Email.”
- Beneath “Add or remove people from Google Workspace,” choose “Add User.”
- Type in the new user’s first name, last name, and user name.
- Click on “Admin” or “User” depending on what they are.
- Select Add button
Google will charge you based on your plan for the new user on your next billing date.
What Are The Pros & Cons of Using Gmail for Business
Below are the pros and cons of Gmail for business accounts.
- It comes with the whole suite of Google Workspace business apps
- 14days free trial
- A branded email addresses build trust and establish brand credibility
- Easy to set up
- It integrates with Google Workspace apps and other third-party applications
- It comes with Privacy and security features
- There are upgrades or downgrades based on your business’ budget and needs
- Gmail filters some emails messages into spam, so you need to monitor your spam folder often, so as not to miss improperly categorized emails
- No free plan
What is a business email?
A business email is a customized email address that uses your company’s domain name. The email helps builds credibility, trust, and brand awareness with prospects and customers alike.
What’s the difference between Gmail & Gmail for business?
Gmail is a free email service that comes with the Gmail domain (e.g., [email protected]) that’s meant for personal use. While Gmail for business, you connect your business’ custom domain to your email address (e.g., nelly [email protected]).
How can I get a free business email address?
Here’s how to get a 14days free trial business email address using Google Workspace:
- Get a domain name.
- Navigate to Google Workspace and purchase a plan.
- Set up your admin console from the Google Workspace homepage.
- Verify your domain.
- Setup your business email address.