Criterion Channel Chromecast? Do you want to stream to the Criterion Channel on your Chromecast? If you’ve downloaded the Criterion Channel app on your Android, then you can Chromecast. However, you can Chromecast directly from the player in the app to a Chromecast device connected to the same network as your Android device.
Also, you can Chromecast videos from The Channel iOS app to your Chromecast device on the same local network. You will learn the procedure on how to successfully Chromecast criterion channel, in this post.
Criterion Channel Chromecast
How to Chromecast Criterion Channel
Currently, the Criterion Channels do not support Chromecast devices that some TVs have built-in. While it may work, their player is not developed to support this and they cannot troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
How to Chromecast Criterion Channel from The Android App?
To Chromecast the channel using you’re the Android app, do the following;
- Open the Android app and open a video.
- Click the screen so that the player controls appear. If you see the Chromecast icon in the lower right of the screen, it means you will be able to Chromecast the video.
- Select the desired destination in the menu. This will start the Chromecasting.
- Once you are successfully Chromecasting, the video will show on the connected TV screen.
- On your Android device, you will see the player and video control options. To fast forward, rewind, or pause the video, use the player controls within the app. You can also click on a spot in the progress bar to fast forward or rewind.
Take note of this: When Chromecasting, you will not be able to use the player controls that show on your Android device’s lock screen. So you will need to unlock your phone and use the controls within the app.
How to Disconnect From Chromecast
To disconnect from Chromecast, click the Chromecast icon within the player, and click tap the Stop Casting option that appears in the window that pops up.
Captions, if available, can also be controlled directly within the player in the app when you are casting. They cannot be controlled on the TV screen.
How to Chromecast Criterion Channel from The iOS App?
It is not possible to Chromecast from a mobile web browser on an iOS device, instead you do that from the mobile app. Here are steps on how to Chromecast using the iOS app;
- Open the iOS app and open a video.
- Hit the screen so that the player controls appear. If you see the Chromecast icon in the lower right of the screen, you will be able to Chromecast the video.
- Select the Chromecast icon. You may see a prompt requesting access for the app to your local network.
- Then, you will need to select OK; if you tap the X, you will not be able to Chromecast and this prompt will not appear again unless you reinstall or update the app.
- To adjust this setting later, go to your device’s Settings, scroll down and tap on The Criterion Channel, and toggle the Local Network setting.
- Once you are successfully Chromecasting, the video will poo on the screen. On your iOS device, you will see ‘Chromecast’ where the video normally appears.
- To pause, fast forward, or rewind, click on the phone screen and use the player controls within the app.
Take note: When Chromecasting, you will not be able to use the player controls that appear on your iOS device’s lock screen. Thus, you will need to unlock your phone and use the controls within the app.
To disconnect from Chromecast, click on the Chromecast icon within the player. Next, tap Disconnect from Device in the menu that appears.