When you deactivate your Facebook account your information isn’t gone, it’s just hidden. When you deactivate your Facebook account, Facebook does not send out any notification whatsoever. Facebook waits for 14 days before deleting your account.
Recommended for You >>> How to Deactivate Facebook – Deactivate Facebook Account | Delete Facebook
You can keep using messenger after you deactivate your Facebook account, if you had a Facebook account and deactivated it using Messenger won’t reactivate your Facebook account and your Facebook friends can still message you.
Deactivate in Facebook
Deactivating your account does not fully delete it. When you deactivate your account Facebook saves all of your settings, photos, and information in case you decide to reactivate your account. Your comments, likes, shares, post, and everything associated with your profile disappear.
When you deactivate your account Facebook hides your Timeline, profile, photos, and other content from the rest of the site. Your friends can see the messages you sent them before you deactivated your account but cannot respond to them.
How to Deactivate your Facebook Account
You might be wondering how you can deactivate your Facebook account on your desktop, android, and iOS devices. For you to deactivate your Facebook account you will have to follow these few steps below:
- Go to your browser, enter the search bar. Go to https://www.facebook.com and login to the account you want to deactivate.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the toolbar, and then select settings.
- The settings page will appear. Click manage the account.
- Click Deactivate your account.
- Select a reason for deactivating the account. If you want, you can add more details in the text box below.
- Select deactivate now.
- Your account is now deactivated.
- Open your Facebook app and log in to the account you would like to deactivate.
- Tap the three lines towards the right of the top navigation bar.
- Scroll down and tap Settings and privacy.
- Tap setting from the expanded menu.
- Scroll down and tap account ownership and control.
- Tap deactivation and deletion.
- Select delete account and tap continue to account deletion.
- Tap delete account.
For iOS devices:
- Lunch the Facebook iOS app and tap on the three lines in the bottom right corner.
- Swipe down to the bottom and tap on settings and privacy, then settings.
- Swipe down again and choose account ownership and control’
- Tap deactivation or deletion.
- Select delete and deactivate account tap continue to account deletion.
- Tap delete account.
If you follow these instructions carefully you will not find it hard to deactivate your account.
How to Temporarily Disable Facebook
You can deactivate your Facebook account temporarily and still choose to come back whenever you want. To deactivate your Facebook account you will have to follow these steps below:
- Go to your browser or your Facebook app. Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select settings and privacy > settings.
- Click your Facebook information in the left column.
- Click deactivation and deletion.
- Choose deactivate an account, then click continue to account deactivation and follow the instructions to confirm.
But bear in mind that you will have 30 days to cancel the account deletion process, if you still want to change your mind before it’s completely gone.