’Delete Facebook group now’. This seems to be one of the most frequently asked questions on the Facebook social media platform as at the time of this writing. Facebook is no doubt one of the most used social media platforms in the world and for many reasons. My reason for loving this platform is due to its features and the Facebook groups feature is one of them.
Delete Facebook Groups
On the Facebook social media platform, there is something for everyone. If you love business, this is the platform for you. If you love making friends, this is the platform for you. And if you love leisure, playing games, this is the social media platform for you. These are just some of the features on this social media platform.
But do you know that as fun and interesting a feature is, there comes a time when the said feature no longer becomes attractive to you? Some persons on the platform feel the urge or the need to delete a group on the platform they created. One may question their objective. But one thing that we all should know about is that these things happen.
It just might be that the sole reason why you created a group is no longer there. The group is not just fulfilling its promise anymore. And a reason like that may warrant the dissolution of such a group. It is that simple. Many users on Facebook already know how to delete a group on the platform. While there are some on the other hand who do not know how to.
If you are one of those persons who do not know how to delete their groups, then you will need to read this article and post from start to finish as important and relevant pieces of information would be shared. But before that, there are things that you need to know before going on with the process.
What You Need To Delete A Facebook Group
Deleting a group on Facebook is easy. But before you begin with the deletion process, there are some things that you need to know. Unlike a Facebook page, if you are an admin of a group, you cannot delete a group you didn’t create. You can only delete a Facebook page as an admin if the original creator chooses to leave it. Now that you know the criteria of deleting a group on Facebook, continue to find out how to successfully delete a group on the social media platform.
How To Delete A Facebook Group
Deleting a group is easy and free. As long as you created a group on the platform or you are an admin, you can delete a group. To do this successfully, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com.
- On your Facebook account page, click Groups in the left column or menu.
- From the groups, you manage section, select your group.
- Just below the name of your group, click members.
- Next to each member’s name, click the three-dotted icon, and select remove member.
- Click ‘confirm’.
- After removing all the members of the group, click the three-dotted icon next to your own name and select leave group.
- Lastly, click leave group.
- Open the app on your android device.
- Tap the hamburger icon and tap groups.
- Select your group and tap the star icon.
- Next, tap members and tap the three-dotted icon next to each member’s name except your own.
- Next, tap remove member.
- When you are the last member of the group, the star icon next to your name and tap leave group.
- Lastly, tap leave and delete.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap the hamburger icon and select groups.
- Next, select your group and tap the star icon and then select members.
- Tap the name of each member except your own and select remove member.
- Tap the star icon in the top right corner and tap leave group.
- Lastly, select leave and delete.
Note: group members won’t be notified when you delete a group.
More Related Posts
- Facebook Group Admin – Create Group On Facebook | How To Join Groups On…
- Facebook PayPal Groups – Facebook Groups to Join | How to Join Facebook PayPal…
- How to Create Facebook Group – Facebook Groups Page | Facebook Page List
- Facebook Search Group – Facebook Search History | Facebook Group Search
- How to Post on Facebook – How to Post on Facebook Page | Post…