Do you want to delete your Pinterest account? If you are then you are in the right place. Are you tired of the Pinterest platform in general or do you just feel like taking a break from the platform for the time being?
Whatever it is that is your poison you can achieve it with the Pinterest social media platform. If you feel like you are done with the platform permanently and you don’t feel like having anything to do with your account with the platform then you can delete it permanently.
The social media platform, Pinterest, has put in a feature that allows users to accomplish this task and in the course of the article, I will be guiding users on how to delete their Pinterest accounts.
Delete your Pinterest Account
When it comes to the Pinterest social media platform, there are two options to users, regarding deleting their accounts. As a user on this platform, you can either choose to delete your account or deactivate your account. For the benefit of knowledge, I will be guiding users on both how to permanently delete their accounts and deactivate their accounts.
Therefore if you have been finding it difficult to delete your account on the platform or deactivate, then here is your chance. to permanently delete your Pinterest account, follow the steps below;
- Login to your interest account.
- Click on the three-dotted icon at the top of the Pinterest page.
- From the menu, click on edit settings.
- On the left side of the screen, click on account settings.
- Click on delete account on the next page.
- You will be prompted to tell the platform why you are closing your account.
- After doing that, click on next and click on send email.
- You will be sent a confirmation link to your email address associated with your account.
- Open the Pinterest app and make sure you are logged in to it on the account you want to permanently delete.
- Tap on the settings icon at the top of your Pinterest profile.
- Tap on edit settings.
- At the bottom of the edit settings page, tap close account.
- Tap on the close account button again to confirm.
- You will be sent a confirmation link via your mail. Therefore check your mail associated with your account to confirm account deletion.
- Open the app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the settings icon at the top of your Pinterest profile page.
- Select edit settings.
- Tap delete account at the bottom of the settings page.
- Again, tap on the delete account to confirm.
- Check the email address associated with your account to confirm via a confirmation link sent.
That’s how you successfully delete a Pinterest account on selected devices.
What Happens To Your Account On Pinterest When You Permanently Delete It
When you are ready to wave goodbye to the platform and all its features, you should delete your account. Deleting your account on the platform permanently simply means that you cannot get your boards and pins back. When your account has been closed permanently on the platform, your public profile will be deactivated first. It will however take an additional 14 days for the said account to be permanently deleted. If you have a change of mind within these 14 days you can get the account back by simply logging back in with your email address and your password. You will be sent a link to reactivate your account.
Deactivate Your Pinterest Account
If you feel like taking a break simply from the platform, then all you need to do is to deactivate our account. When you deactivate your account on Pinterest your profile won’t be available to the public. To deactivate your Pinterest account;
- Click on the three-dotted icon at the top of the Pinterest page after logging in to your account.
- Click on the edit settings tab.
- Select account settings on the left column of the screen.
- On the account settings page, select deactivate account just below the account changes section.
- Enter your reason for deactivating your account in the box provided and click on next.
- Open the app and tap on the settings icon ta the top of your interest profile page.
- Select the edit settings button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and tap on deactivate account.
- Again, tap on the deactivate account to confirm.
- Open and login to your account on the Pinterest app.
- Select edit settings.
- At the bottom of the settings page, tap in the deactivate button.
- To confirm your command, tap in deactivate account again.
When you deactivate your account, your username or email address won’t be free. Just when you are ready to get back on the platform, all you need to do to reactivate your account is to log in with your login credentials and that’s it.