Dell Technologies Graduation Project Competition 2020/2021 applications are open. Dell Technologies has launched the annual graduation project competition for senior undergraduate students from universities in the Middle East, Russia, Africa, and Turkey.
If you are working on your graduation project in the Healthcare, Well-being, or Education sectors, you are welcomed to join for a very exciting ride! The targeted topics: IoT or AI or Multi-cloud.
Recommended >>> ACU Early Career Researcher Training Grant 2020/2021
The submission will be opened from the 15th of November till the 30th of December 2020. If you are in a team of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6, hurry up and apply.
Dell Technologies Graduation Project Competition 2020/2021
The competition is intended to spark the creativity of students for their graduation projects to play an active role in the Transformation of IT and get the opportunity to shine and win prizes.
For the 6th consecutive year, Dell is launching our competition in the search of top talents across the region.
The use of technology has continued to expand in reach and depth into all sectors, including the healthcare wellness and Education of human beings.
This was aided by the huge technological advancements in areas such as Internet-of-Things, Cloud Computing, and Artificial Intelligence.
There are no signs that the adoption of technology in these areas is slowing down anytime soon.
Prizes & Benefits
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes as below;
- First place will receive a cash prize of $5,000
- Second place will receive a cash prize of $4,000
- Third place winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000
- All the Top 10 team members will get recognition certificates for their achievement.
- Dell will be offering a mentoring opportunity by Dell Experts for its finalist’s projects (who will pass the interim phase to the final one)
- A formal award ceremony will be organized at one of the major Dell Technologies events in the region. All the members of the winning team and their academic advisor(s) will be invited to attend the ceremony along with senior officials from their university/college.
- Students who wish to participate should be in their senior year and should be enrolled in any academic Institution in the Middle East, Russia, Africa, and Turkey;
- Students should have a faculty member as their supervisor;
- Students should be non-governmental employees and full-time university students;
- The authenticity of the information provided by the students should be validated by the head of his or her department;
- Students should be listed only in one project;
- Each competing team should consist of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 members. One of the team members should be selected as a team leader.
How to Apply
Students are invited to submit their project abstracts in areas related to the advancement of technology and applications related to the following focus areas: AI, IoT, and Multi-Cloud.
Participating teams should submit Projects Abstracts containing the following information with them;
- Question 1: What is the main problem that you are solving?
- Question 2: What is the importance of this problem?
- Question 3: What are the current solutions?
- Question 4: How will your solution solve the problem? What is new?
- Question 5: What is the expected impact of your solution from various perspectives (social, commercial, environmental, etc.)?
- Question 6: Give a high-level functional description of your solution. How will it be used?
- Question 7: Give a high-level technical description of your solution: architecture, technology, integration, innovative components, etc.
- Question 8: Give a high-level description of your solution development environment, platform, tools, etc.
- Question 9: How will you manage your product development cycle, your quality assurance process, your solution deployment logistics, etc.?
- Question 10: Give the most relevant plans that you have developed for your project (for example, time schedule, resource plan, training plan, risk management, contingency plan, etc.
Applying requires you to create a new account or simply log in if you already have an account. You can create your account using the steps below and apply;
- Click on the Apply Now on the website
- Then on the Create a new account form that will be loaded, enter the details required on the form.
- Enter your name, email confirm email, set a password, and confirm it.
- To commence, click on “Sign Up”.
Now that your account is created, you can proceed to apply to the competition https://emcenvisionthefuture.com/login/?user=new
For more information or enquires on the competition, visit Dell Technologies online