The University of Pretoria in South Africa is inviting applications for the Department of Arts and Culture Postgraduate Scholarship for South Africans in 2021.
Department of Arts and Culture is one of the Departments of the South African Government. It helps to promote, support, protect, and also develop the arts, culture, and heritage of South Africans. The country’s heritage sites such as museums and monuments are under this ministry.
Recommended for You >>> Swiss Re Start Up Academy 2020 For Young Entrepreneurs In Uganda
UP (University of Pretoria) was established in 1908 with just four professors and 32 students. In a little house known as Kya Rosa. And today, it is actually one of the largest research universities in South Africa.
Department of Arts and Culture Postgraduate Scholarship in South Africa 2021
The University of Pretoria (UP) is a seven-campus public university with its largest campus in the heart of Hatfield, the picturesque diplomatic hub of South Africa’s capital city.
Let’s a brief description of the Scholarship;
- Funding Type – Bursary/Scholarship
- Study Level – Postgraduate & Undergraduate.
- Student Nationality – South African
- Study Location – University of Pretoria
- Sponsor – External
- Faculties – Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and IT
The scholarship application closes on January 26, 2021.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers the following;
- Study fees: the total amount of study will be covered.
- Books: the number of prescribed books will be covered.
- Accommodation: R 50 000 maximum amount.
- Meals: R 18 500 maximum amount
- NB: Funds are payable directly to the higher institution of learning.
Applicants must be;
- South African citizenship
- Outstanding/satisfactory academic performance
- Field of Study (heritage-related).
- Financially needy
- Admission letter or proof of registration at an institution of higher learning.
How to Apply
- Applications to be handed in at the Postgraduate Scholarship Office, Graduate Centre,
Office 1 – 55
- Applications can be downloaded from https://www.up.ac.za/funding