The DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Program have announced to the general public about the 2020 scholarship which is now on. Any interested applicant from the Nigeria Tertiary Institution can apply for the scholarship scheme.
This article will show the application details for the 2020 DBSP Undergraduate Scholarship Awards for Nigeria students. The scheme is part of the company’s take on social responsibility for both their communities in Nigeria and its general candidates. The scholarship is open to all suitable and qualified applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship award.
Table of Contents
- DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Program
- Host Communities of DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship
- Benefits of DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Program
- DESOPADEC Application Criteria for Eligibility
- Application Requirement for DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Program
- DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Application Process
DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Program
The Delta State Oil Producing Development Commission (DESOPADEC) is an oil-producing company located in Delta State Nigeria. It has their companies in different oil-producing communities in Delta State. They help to reduce poverty in the Oil producing communities in Delta State. They also help in the education aspect of making our children achieve a goal. This organization built schools, boreholes, for communities with no water and school.
This is a scholarship program that aims in giving undergraduate students that are ready to further their education to make them get the financial support needed to take a leap
DESOPADEC offers free money for undergraduate students who applied for the program and that should be one of the main reasons you should apply for it. With today’s rising costs of higher institutions tuition and other academic fees, having financial support from the DESOPADEC means not having to be burdened with paying for the full costs of expenses.
Host Communities of DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship
Below is this list of host mandated communities:
Benefits of DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Program
The board will be giving selected undergraduate students financial support to cover up their tuition fees throughout their studies.
Application Closing Date for DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Program
The 2020 DESOPADEC bursary and scholarship program closing date is the 26th of October, 2020. All apply should try their best to register before the closing date because late application attracts disqualification.
DESOPADEC Application Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following criteria before they can apply for the bursary and scholarship program. Below is the list of eligible criteria:
- Candidates must come from one of the mandated communities.
- Applicants must be students in any of the University or Polytechnic in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students.
- Candidates must be in 200 levels and above.
- Candidates should ensure that their CGPA is 2.20 and above before they can apply.
Application Requirement for DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Program
There some documents needed to be scanned before applicants can complete their application. Below is the list of required documents:
- A recent Passport Photograph.
- Local Government of Origin Identification Certificate.
- JAMB Certificate.
- WASSCE Certificate.
- Admission letter from your school.
- Student ID Card.
- National ID Card.
- A letter of Identification from the Students Union Chapter President of your Ethnic Nationality.
NOTE: All documents must be scanned and must be in jpg format and should not exceed 1MB each.
DESOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Application Process
Appling for the 2020 DESOPADEC program is as easy as ABC. Follow the process below to apply:
- Logon to desopadecgov.com/apply on your web browser.
- Fill in your personal information in the form that will appear on the web browser.
- Upload the scanned documents in the right place.
- Click on “apply now” to submit your form.
- Candidates with scholarship program should not apply.
- The applicant should not pay money to any person claiming to be work under the Scholarship Board for the application form.
- 100 level student are not allowed to apply for the scholarship program.
- Students with less GPA should not apply for the program
- Students from non-mandated communities should not apply
I hope with this article you will be able to apply for the scholarship program.