Dune Part 2 Is Officially Happening With Warner Bros? Dune is a 2021 American epic science fiction movie. It was directed by Denis Villeneuve with a screenplay by Jon Spaihts, Villeneuve, and Eric Roth.
However, the film is the first of a planned two-part adaptation of the 1965 novel of the same name by Frank Herbert. Thus, primarily covering the first half of the book.
Te part 2 of the film is set to happen according to The Verge. Find out more about the news from the Verge in the section below.
Dune Part 2 Is Officially Happening
According to The Verge (https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/dune-part-2-release-date-cast-plot-details/theatrical-release/ )
Dune is officially getting a sequel, with Warner Bros. and also announcing that Dune: Part Two will continue the story which starts in the recently released film. However, it is set to hit theatres in October 2023, Deadline reports, with director Denis Villeneuve returning for Part Two.
In the film, Core characters will presumably return to reprise their roles as well, although there’s no official word on casting yet. The film puts an epic franchise ahead of its epic story. And it was all guaranteed that Dune would be getting a sequel. The movie begins with a “Dune: Part One” title card.
Dune Debuting On HBO Max And Theater
While Dune debuts on both HBO Max and in theatres, audiences shouldn’t expect the sequel to get a similar treatment. Warner Bros. has previously announced that its future films will be debuting in theatres, and a massive sci-fi blockbuster like the film sequel certainly will not be an exception
Moreover, Warner Bros. Is not being subtle about its franchise ambitions for the film. So is either: the studio has already announced plans for an HBO Max prequel series, Dune: The Sisterhood, which will focus on the powerful order of women known as the Bene Gesserit who manipulate galactic politics and wield mysterious powers.
However, there’s no word on a release date yet, but Diane Ademu-John was recently hired as a writer, showrunner, and executive producer for the series earlier in 2021. The movie has not been filming yet and isn’t expected to hit theatres until October 2023 at the earliest.
Dune Part 2 Release Date
“Dune: Part Two” will launch in theatres October 20, 2023, from Warner Bros. Thus, The date puts the sequel’s opening nearly two years to the day of “Part One” opening on October 22, 2021.
See also: List of Dune characters
- Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck
- Stellan Skarsgård as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
- Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban, the nephew of Baron Harkonnen.
- Stephen McKinley Henderson as Thufir Hawat
- Zendaya as Chani,
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries,
- Chang Chen as Dr Wellington Yueh
- Sharon Duncan-Brewster as Dr Liet-Kynes,
- Benjamin Clementine as Herald of the Change
- Golda Rosheuvel as Shadout Mapes
- Roger Yuan as Lieutenant Lanville
- Charlotte Rampling as Gaius Helen Mohiam,
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho,
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar,
- Babs Olusanmokun as Jamis