There is a way for you to show you an important part of Africa. The EarthPlus Open Letter Writing Competition for World Environmental Day 2020 has provided a way; for what? This way can enable the eligible applicants to make valuable solutions to the country’s biodiversity issue currently going on. If you are an economic or environmental person, this is a chance to prove yourself in the development of Africa.
I am using this medium to invite all the environmental students of Nigeria and other African countries to take charge of joining this competition. There are awards for winners (range from 1st to 3rd). And if luckily you are a winner, there are other beneficiary activities that this would yield you in your country and to Africa. There is more information on this competition which I have written in this article, so I will urge you to read more so as to get eligibility and how to participate in it.
EarthPlus Open Letter Writing Competition for World Environmental Day 2020
The EarthPlus Africa letter writing competition is the best way to make society know about your thoughtful ideas. Governmental bodies get to celebrate the winners. This is a means of showing your interest in making Africa a better place. There have been issues of biodiversity also in Australia and the California fires.
About the 2020 EarthPlus Letter Writing Competition
The EarthPlus letter writing competition 2020 is termed “Biodiversity”. It is the world’s biggest combination of plants and animals’ biodiversity. In the Africa region, the conversation levels are low in Nigeria, and EarthPlus Africa is concerned about finding a solution to it. The Letter Writing Competition takes place to hear out applicant’s ideas, and thoughts based on the issue. Not just that, it also works for sustainability, and conversation of our biodiversity.
Here are the basic descriptions for the competition.
- Host Nation: Africa
- Application method: Email
- Eligible to: Nigerians
- Host Company: EarthPlus Open Letter Writing Competition for World Environmental Day 2020.
There is more information to check out on this article.
Now that you have known about the competition, here are the basic prizes for the competition winners:
- 1st position prize: About 1N15,000 naira + your entry will be published in one National Daily.
- 2nd position prize: About N10,000 naira + your entry will be published in one National Daily.
- 3rd position prize: About N5,000 only,
Also, the top first and second position applicants get to the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Environment. The assessment takes place by an independent panel of judges. Then the winners will be announced to the public via the EarthPlus Africa’s handles on all social media and reached via email.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
There are some basic conditions and eligibility requirements for applicants who want to take part in the EarthPlus Open Letter Writing Competition for World Environmental Day 2020. Here is the eligibility list:
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria.
- Candidates are to be age 18-35 years old to participate in the scholarship program.
- Applicants must show and prove a strong interest in the issue of environmental sustainability as the basic course involves Home Economics.
- Applicants are to follow EarthPlus Africa on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter social media. @earthplusafrica
After applicants have met with these above eligibility information, then they are ready to sign up and take part in the EarthPlus Open Letter Writing Competition for World Environmental Day 2020.
How to Apply
The application for this scholarship program is easy. For applicants who desire to get into the EarthPlus Open Letter Writing Competition for World Environmental Day 2020, here is how you can apply:
- Submit the application document in a proper format, original, and as a Word document.
- The word count for the application should be of minimum 800 words and maximum 1200 words
- Required font for the application is Times New Roman.
- Font size should be 11 and the sentence should be of point spacing 1.5.
- The Word file must be in the order of NAME_SURNAME_EARTHPLUS LETTER COMPETITION ENTRY.
- When sending the application to their email, the subject should be titled: “Earthplus Letter Competition Entry”.
- The body of the document should contain your first name, surname, middle name, email address, phone number, city, and state of location, Facebook ID, and Twitter ID.
- Applicants are to indicate if they are following EarthPlus Africa on all social media platforms they are in.
- The application documents should go to email@example.com.
- Multiple entries by an applicant are forbidden.
The above listed are methods of application, alongside the required document type. Remember the method of application submission is via an email.
The deadline for the Writing Competition is on the 10th of June, 2020 at 11:59 PM Nigerian Time. So applicants are to submit their application before the deadline expires as the application sent after the deadline will not be responded to.