eBay is one of the biggest online shopping malls in the world. As an online shopping site that’s known for its consumers-to-consumer sales and auctions. They are used by merchants as a sale channel online. It is in different countries.
However, on the platform online, you can search for products in different locations. You can get products based on your local area just by keying in your zip code. Also, you may find products that are available locally and internationally. In this article let’s get to know more about eBay.
eBay was established by Pierre Omidyar in 1995 and has today become a household name. Today everyone knows eBay and has done one or two transactions with eBay or you saw it on television or may have heard people talk about it. Or you may have seen it in movies or on the news.
The service is always available in different countries. Individuals can search for items on the platform by using its zip code.
On eBay, you can make purchases and sell too on the platform. Every day millions of transactions take place on eBay especially when you open an eBay account.
Just anyone can get an account on eBay and it’s free. You may choose to buy and sell any products as well. If you have a seller account, it has a fee that comes with it like listing fees. This fee is different from the price you sell your items for the period of the time you wish to be in business.
Moreover, eBay is a capitalist in nature site, items on eBay can be high in price this includes items like vintage items, collection unusual goods, discontinued items, or anything in short supply. This makes eBay outstanding and a place for collectors that source things locally.
eBay is a collectors center for amazing classes of items. The online store is user-friendly, the notification systems, the advanced search tools, and the anti-fraud systems in place make it fraud-free.
How eBay Works
eBay is an e-commerce shop that allows sellers to display all their items on the platform. Businesses communicate their brand effectively by creating customized web pages themselves. On the eBay website, when you see a red door-like icon, next to a seller’s user ID, just click on it. You will be directed to the person who customizes the eBay shop.
eBay Shop Categories
In eBay to make your online shopping easy for your simple use the category section to do your search for items that you need. Here is the different category on eBay online store and there are;
- Collectibles & Art.
- Home & garden.
- Sporting goods.
- Auto Parts & Accessories.
- Toys & hobbies.
- Musical instruments & gear.
- Business & Industrial.
- Health & Beauty.
- Other categories.
These are the various categories on the eBay online stores.
How to Register / Sign Up on eBay
To fully enjoy your online shopping on eBay you need to register on the platform that is creating an account or Sign up on the platform. Follow these steps to register;
- Go to eBay.
- On the left, you will see a widget showing you ‘Register’.
- Click on it and next page.
- Enter your First name and Last name.
- Email address and create a password.
- Next, click on the ‘Create Account’ widget.
These steps are to create a personal account but for a business account you can continue to Choose from the next options (Google, Facebook, and Apple).
eBay Sign In
To sign in on eBay you can decide to use any of the options from Facebook, Google, or Apple accounts. Use these steps to sign in.
To sign in from the eBay platform to sell or buy products you must sign in to your account. Follow these steps;
- Visit the eBay website.
- On the homepage, move to the right top of the screen, then click on the “my eBay” button. It will take you to the login page.
- On the next page, go to the left corner of the page.
- Enter your corresponding email address or username and password.
- Go down and select the blue “sign-in” tab.
eBay Sign In Using Facebook Platform
- Go to the eBay homepage.
- Move your mouse to the screen top right side, then tap on the “my eBay” widget.
- On the login page, select the “sign in with Facebook” tab.
- Facebook will share your name, profile picture, and email with eBay.
- Click on the “continue” widget.
Sign In with Google Platform
- Using a browser on your devices, type in eBay and search at eBay.com.
- eBay’s homepage comes up.
- Go to the top of the page and select the “My eBay” button.
- When the next page opens, Pres “sign in with Google” widget at the right corner.
Select your account and allow Google to share your name, email address, language preference, and profile picture with eBay.com.
Recover eBay Sign In Password
In case you forget your eBay login password follow these steps to retrieve back your password.
- Scroll to the login page.
- Move down, then click the “Reset your password” button.
- Type in your account email address or username.
- Select the “Continue” tab to reset your password.
From here you can reset your forgotten password and gain access again to your account on eBay.