The Edo State Scholarship for Undergraduate students is calling on all Sons and Daughters of Edo state who are currently undergraduate students in any of the Nigeria higher institutions to apply for the 2020/2021 scholarship program for all undergraduates students.
The ESS has provided a scholarship program for undergraduate students who want to achieve academic excellence in their educational carrier.
Edo State Scholarship for Undergraduate
This is a yearly scholarship program for all indigenes of Edo state to help them meet their needs throughout their undergraduate program. The purpose of the scholarship program is to further redirect the focus of students and seriousness into the students to work hard to merit this award.
This is a scholarship program that aims in giving undergraduate students that are ready to further their education to make them get the financial support needed to take a leap. The Scholarship offers free grants for undergraduate students who applied for the program and that should be one of the main reasons you should apply for it.
With today’s rising costs of higher institutions tuition and other academic fees and financial support from the Edo state government means not having to be burdened of paying for the full costs of expenses.
Scholarship Requirement for Undergraduates
Below is the list of requirements for the scholarship programs:
- Applicants who want to apply for the scholarship must be students at any recognized University, Polytechnic, and College of Education.
- Candidates must be running an undergraduate program.
- Applicants must be 100 level students.
- The candidate must have an original copy of his/her admission letter for confirmation.
- All candidates must be of the best behavior and ready to learn intensively.
- Applicants must possess 5 credits in WASSCE.
Required Course for the Edo State Scholarship
Below is the list of required courses for the scholarship program:
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Agricultural Science.
- Business administration.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Computer Engineering.
- System Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronic Engineering.
- Environmental Studies.
- Mass Communication.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering.
- Human Medicine.
- Petroleum Engineering.
Eligible Communities for the Scholarship
Only candidates from these listed local government arrears are eligible to apply. See the list below:
- Esan Central.
- Esan North-East.
- Esan South-East.
- Esan West.
- Etsako Central.
- Etsako East.
- Ovia North-East.
- Etsako West.
- Ovia South-West.
- Owan East.
- Owan West.
Required Scanned Documents
For applicants to qualify for consideration, candidates must submit an application with the following information attached to the following scanned documents. See the list below:
- An Email address.
- A phone number.
- Admission letter.
- SSCE ‘O’ Level Certificate.
- State of Origin.
- Local Government of Origin.
- School student ID card or National ID or Driver’s License or International passport.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Applying for the scholarship program is as easy as ABC. To apply you have to follow this process below:
- Applicants should log in to the scholarship portal https://www.edostate.gov.ng.
- Fill the application form that will appear on your screen and submit the form online.
- Attached are all scanned documents required for the application.
- Check the form before processing it.
- A message will be sent to your email or phone number you provided for those that were selected for the scholarship program.
The closing date of the Edo state scholarship is yet to be confirmed. I hope with this article you will be able to apply for the scholarship program.