Have you heard of the newly released Facebook Dating for Singles site? It is a dating platform on the Facebook App which allows singles to communicate with each other. Hereby developing interest with each other and getting to date each other. There are lots of dating sites and apps that can be downloaded but Facebook is truly among the best. Facebook connects billions of people around the world. More information will be known to you as you keep on reading this article.
Facebook Dating for Singles
Facebook Dating is a dating site available on the updated version of the Facebook app. It makes dating and finding love easier between users through what they have in common, like interests, events, and groups they are in.
Is Facebook Dating available in my country?
To know if the Facebook Dating site is available in your country, you will have to update your Facebook to its latest version. Tap on the menu button and check if a heart icon will appear there. If you can’t see it then the Facebook Dating is not yet available in your country. It is only available currently to Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Chile, Canada, Malaysia, Laos, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Paraguay, Mexico, the Philippines, Suriname, Singapore, Uruguay, Thailand, Vietnam, and the United States of America. Other countries will get to access it soon.
Features of Facebook Dating
Facebook Dating is easy to use as it has well-designed features on its site. Some of the features are:
- Instagram and Facebook stories: Facebook Dating users can share stories from their Instagram and Facebook accounts. They can link their Instagram account to the Facebook Dating site.
- Secret crush: On default, Facebook Dating will not allow users to be matched to their Facebook friends. But with the secret crush, you can crush on about 9 of your Facebook friends. You will have to be added to their Secret crush list back before you can match with them.
- Opt into events and groups: Users can opt-in events and groups to see other singles with similar interests in the group.
- Live location: You can share your current location to other users for safety reasons.
How Facebook Dating Works
The Facebook dating app will only be available to users who are age 18 and above. It is available to the listed countries I have formally listed at the top. You can access the secret crush feature by crushing on your Facebook friends. Instagram stories and posts can be added to your Facebook account as it is possible for you to link your Instagram to your Facebook Dating profile. The popular swipe left/right in other dating sites is not on the Facebook Dating site. You can only tap on the Like button to notify other users you are interested in them. Facebook Dating allows users to match with friends of friends and also people who are not in your friend circle. The Facebook profile is separated from your original Facebook profile. Hereby whatever you share on your Facebook Dating account won’t be shared with Facebook.
Facebook Dating profile
You can access the Facebook Dating site if it is available in your country and also of you are of age 18, and above. But first, you will have to register to Facebook first.
Facebook Sign Up
To sign up on Facebook you will have to follow the easy steps below:
- Open the Facebook site URL facebook.com or launch the mobile app.
- Click or tap on Sign up.
- Fill in your first and last name.
- Fill in your date of birth.
- Fill in your gender.
- Provide your mobile number or email and click or tap on continue.
- Enter the code sent to your mobile number or email to verify your account.
- Enter a well-combined password to secure your account hereby allowing no other user you to access it.
Creating a Facebook Dating profile
After you have signed up for Facebook, you will then be able to create a Facebook dating profile.
- Open the updated Facebook app, else update your Facebook app to the latest version.
- Log in to your Facebook account. (You can create an account by Signing up to Facebook. This will require you to provide some basic information including your first name, last name, date of birth, sex and number or mail).
- Tap or click on the Menu.
- Scroll and select the heart icon form the left side of the menu listed options.
- Register an account by providing information like your gender and location.
- Put in order 12 tiles containing either a photo or an answer to the Facebook Dating questions.
- Upload your photos which can be of maximum 9.
- Specify your match in the Facebook Dating settings.