What are Facebook groups? Time and time again it has been stressed that the Facebook social media platform is made for connections. Facebook is a place where people, friends, and family connect with one another and also including businesses. Well back to the Facebook groups. A Facebook group is a Facebook feature. This Facebook feature is free to all members. Anyone can join a Facebook group based on the privacy settings and also anyone can create a group on Facebook. It is that simple and easy. This feature is one of the features I love about this social media platform. And to learn more about it, continue reading.
A Facebook group is a feature and a place on Facebook where like-minded people meet and discuss topics of interest, share ideas, and a whole lot more. Facebook can be seen as a close-knitted family having a whole lot in common. In Facebook, groups exist in the forms of privacy statutes. With this one can therefore say there are various types of groups depending on the privacy status of the group. A group can either be private or public. A private group is one that cannot be seen by the Facebook community. It can only be seen by those persons permitted by the group admin.
You can only join these types of groups strictly by invite. A public group on the other hand is one that is open to all. Anyone can see the posts of these groups and can request to join whenever they see fit. A group on Facebook can also be secret or closed. And s the name implies I guess you know what it is all about.
How To Join A Facebook Group
Joining a Facebook group is easy. If the group is an open or a public group then you are free to join. There are tons of groups on Facebook; the groups on this social media platform are categorized. I mean there is a group for just about anything you are looking for on Facebook. If you are a sports enthusiast, there is a group for you. If you love action movies, there is also a group for you. Any type of group, just name it, Facebook has got you covered. You can either join a group on Facebook using your personal profile or as a page. To join a group on Facebook;
- Click the groups tab in the left column or menu of your news feed.
- Enter your preferred type of group as a keyword in the search bar at the top of the groups page.
- Select the group you want to join and then click on the +join group just below the cover photo.
- Lastly, choose if you are joining as a profile or as your page and click join group.
- Open the Facebook mobile app. At the top of the Facebook page, tap on the search icon.
- Enter a keyword of the group you would love to join.
- From the search results select your preferred group and tap the join group
- Lastly, select whether you would like to join as a personal profile or as your page and tap join group.
That’s it. Depending on the group’s settings, you may have to wait for the group’s admin to approve your request. When a page joins a group, only admins or people managing the page can see and interact with people on the group. Pages also cannot be invited to join groups but can only request to join groups. You can change the means through which you joined a group from profile to a page by changing who you are interacting with in the settings menu. And lastly only page admins can request to join a group.
How To Create A Group On Facebook
Anyone can create a Facebook group. The steps are simple and very straight forward. To join a group, follow the steps below;
- In the top right corner of Facebook, click on the + icon and select group.
- Enter a name for your group on the group’s page.
- Choose a privacy option for your group and start adding people to the group.
- Lastly, click ‘create’.
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Tap the menu icon from your newsfeed.
- Tap groups and then tap ‘create’ in the top right corner.
- Enter a name for your group, invite members to join your group, and choose a privacy option for your group.
Once you have successfully created your group on Facebook, you can go ahead to personalizing it by adding a profile image and a cover photo.