Facebook Marketplace. What if I told you that your favorite social media platform could be your greatest opportunity for success. What if I told you that Facebook could be a very effective place for powerful marketing.
Well, the Facebook marketplace has come to make this possible. This article promises to be life-changing as I will be giving an overview of the Facebook marketplace.
Facebook is a very important tool for many brands who are interested in selling their products to specific and targeted audiences. As the retail world becomes continuously and increasingly wide presenting more and more opportunities to sell in different places, It gives brands an opportunity to capitalize on the interactions that are already taking place on Facebook. Here is everything you need to know to take advantage of this channel.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
It is a very convenient place to discover, buy and sell products and services. Yes, just like Amazon.com, people can filter their searches in terms of location, price, and types to get their choice of items. This is a very important portal for sellers to listen to their items and get buyers on Facebook.
Facebook Marketplace Categories and Brand
The following are categories of items people can shop for on this platform;
- Home & Garden.
- Clothing & Accessories.
In this platform, you can either view items in categories or search for particular items you want.
Things to Consider When Selling on Facebook Marketplace
If you want to sell items on the platform, there are certain rules you must obey, and there are certain things to consider. Here they are;
On the Facebook marketplace, all items must be shipped within 3 days and delivered within seven days.
Not all eCommerce platforms will be allowed by the Facebook marketplace. Below are perfect examples of the brands that the Facebook marketplace partners with.
Buyers will require lots of communication. Remember it’s a marketplace, so, people will need to have more information on what you are selling These tips will help you have a good time with the Facebook Marketplace and bring the best results.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
These are the rules that shouldn’t be violated when using this platform
Some items cannot be sold on this platform. Here they are
- Adult products or services
- Event tickets
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Gift Cards
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
These items were clearly listed on Facebook not to be sold. However, your item must be physical. For example, you cannot make sales.
- “in search of” posts.
- lost and found posts.
The description of the item you are selling must match the image
- Before and after pictures are not allowed on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace came up with these rules to ensure that a marketplace is a safe place for both buyers and sellers and free from scams.
if you find an item or a buyer that goes against these rules, you can simply report them. On this note, we will be talking about how to avoid scam on the Facebook marketplace.
Scam on Facebook Marketplace
Someone may likely say, “are there scams on the Facebook marketplace”? Well, the fact is that there is no platform that is scam free. However, major are put in place to bring all fraudulent activities to book.
On this note, the Facebook platform places set rules that all its users must follow and abide by. Check out our next heading to know how to avoid scam on the Facebook marketplace.
How to Aviod Scam on Facebook Marketplace
Here are things to do to avoid being a victim of scams on the Facebook marketplace.
- Don’t get talked into mailing items or payment.
- you show not using the usual payment method. This means you should not make permeant with direct cash to hand.
- Avoid paying for items in advance.
- lookout for a fake Facebook account.
- Do not accept overpayment.
- Report any specious move on the platform (Facebook) suspected to be unlawful action.
These are actions you need to do to avoid being scammed on Facebook marketplace.
How to Report a Seller on Facebook Marketplace
In order to avoid a Facebook marketplace scam, you can report any seller you think or suspect is not following the rules and laws that are set by the platform. Below are steps to take when you want to report a seller you are not comfortable with on the Facebook platform.
- Connect your device to a strong internet connection.
- Login to your account using either the Facebook mobile app or URL.
- Tap on the “listing” button from that seller you want to report.
- Enter the name of the seller and click on the button below the seller’s name.
- Click “Report seller”
follow all other instructions on the website to complete the process on the site.
How to Get Facebook Marketplace
Accessing this platform is not difficult. It is a straightforward process. Please note that you do not need a separate application for a Facebook marketplace. Once you are signed up on Facebook, you can access the Facebook marketplace.
You can access this by clicking on the Marketplace icon on the Facebook main menu located on the left side of the screen if you are using a computer. It will have an option on your main menu if you are using your phone, just scroll down.
What to do if you can’t see Facebook Marketplace
There are a few things you can try if you cannot access the platform with your account. Here they are;
- Log out of Facebook, then log back in immediately
- You can try uninstalling the Facebook app, and then reinstalling it.
- If that doesn’t work, change your Facebook profile region to a country that supports Facebook Marketplace.
- If you have a new Facebook account, that could be the cause, use it regularly to help prove to Facebook that it’s a real account. Like and comment on posts, share photos and add friends with that account.
- Also, you can visit the website via a direct URL
These options may work for you if you can’t access this feature. What could be the cause?
Why can’t I Access Facebook Marketplace?
If you cannot access it on your phone, then these could be the reasons.
- Age: This platform is only available to Facebook users aged 18 years and over.
- Region: Marketplace is available only in 50 countries( which we will show you in the next part of this article). If your current location is set to a country that doesn’t currently offer Facebook Marketplace, the marketplace icon won’t appear.
- Device: It only works on the iPhone 5 and later models, recent Android devices and iPads.
- Age of account: If you have a new Facebook account, Marketplace might not immediately work for you, so you may have to be patient and active.
- Infrequent use: Facebook’s main menu shows shortcuts to the features you make use of more. If you rarely use this platform, the marketplace icon may disappear.
- Access revoked: If you’ve violated some Facebook policies when using Marketplace, your access to the service can be taken away totally.
Now, to keep our promise, below are the available countries for the Facebook marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace Eligible Countries
You can use the marketplace if you are 18 years or older in the following countries. Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States and Uruguay.
How to Use Facebook Marketplace
Here are steps to follow when you want to use the Facebook marketplace platform.
- Turn on your device’s internet connection.
- Tap on your Facebook account, and click on the Facebook marketplace icon at the top right corner.
- Select your preferred option; Buy or Sell.
- Click sell, you have to choose the category of product and add the details of the product. Once you are done, tap on Post.
For you to buy, you have to search for the products and Contact Seller. Buyers can search for items specifically, or browse them by category.
They can use filters to select the seller’s location, price, rating, and some other details. It’s very easy to find the deals closest to you so that you can save on shipping. You can also add some listings to favorites and purchase them later.
The buyers and sellers can communicate Using Messenger or exchange their phone numbers. Currently, the two parties will have to agree on the mode of payment and shipping without any interference from the platform.
These features are expected to change in the future. Nevertheless, many people find it quite safe as they get easy access to each other’s profiles.
Finally, it is free as you are not charged for listing products as a buyer.