Do you want to change or adjust your Facebook Marketplace Settings? If yes, then you just have to carefully go through this article. Changing the settings of the marketplace on the Facebook app comes in different ways. It is either your make your marketplace private, or you decide to turn the marketplace notification on or off.
With this, I will be referring you to the marketplace, how to access it, and how to change and adjust your settings.
Facebook Marketplace Settings
Once you change and adjust your Facebook Marketplace Settings, there are certain changes attached to the activities on your marketplace on the Facebook app. After adjusting your settings, here are the changes that take place;
- Your marketplace notifications are either on or off
- The share buttons on your posts are disabled
- You do not get details from the feed
- Your posts are only visible to users who are logged in. Those who are not logged in cannot find and get your posts and item listings
These are the changes that occur when you change or adjust the settings in your marketplace. Following this article, you will be able to make your Facebook marketplace private. You can also choose to turn your notification on or off.
Facebook Marketplace Settings
Now, you can access the marketplace to change and adjust the settings. You can either make it private or choose to adjust the notifications or change the setting completely.
How to Change Facebook Marketplace Setting
You can decide to change your Facebook marketplace setting if it is not convenient for you anymore. Check out the steps below to carry out that procedure.
- Connect your device to a strong internet connection.
- Click on the “Facebook” app launcher on your device.
- Sign in to your account using your “email or phone number” and “password”.
- Enter the “login” button that is below the form.
- Click on the “setting” button that is at the top right side of the website.
- Tap the “notification setting” button.
- Click the “see more” button below “what notification you receive button”
- Scroll down and click on the marketplace button.
Follow all other instructions on the website to complete the process on the website. Now let’s consider the facebook marketplace privacy settings steps.
Facebook Marketplace Privacy Settings
- Access the marketplace as an administrator.
- In the marketplace, go to Settings.
- Scroll through and tap on Access Preferences.
- Tap on “Allow Only Registered Users to Be Able to Listings and Users Profiles”.
- Now, you can save the settings.
You have made your marketplace private and limited to certain users. Only logged-in users will be able to find and access the items you have listed on sale.
Create a Facebook Account
Before you can be able to access the marketplace and adjust the settings, you should make sure this marketplace is available in your location. This marketplace has been launched in just 85 countries. And if you do not reside within any of these locations, you cannot access this marketplace.
However, if the marketplace is available in your location, you will need a Facebook account to access it. Here’s how to create a Facebook account.
How to Create Facebook Account to Access Facebook Marketplace
Here are steps to follow when you want to create a Facebook account.
- Visit the Facebook website at www.facebook.com.
- Enter your first name and last name.
- Type in your mobile number or email address.
- Type in a safe and strong password for the account.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Select your gender.
- Tap on SIGN UP.
Following these processes will take you further in your application. You just have to follow the above instructions to fully open this account. Let’s consider how to log in to your account on Facebook.
Log in to Facebook to Access Facebook Marketplace
How to access the Facebook marketplace should not be a problem anymore so long you can log in to your account. Below are the steps to follow when you want to log in to your Facebook account to access the Facebook marketplace.
- Make sure your device is connected to a strong internet connection.
- Click on the “Facebook app launcher” on your device.
- Fill out the given form with your “email or phone number” and “password”.
- Tap on the “log in” button that is below the form given.
With the above, you are certain of Logging into your account on Facebook.
Facebook Marketplace Notifications
- On your Facebook marketplace, access the Settings icon.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Select the Marketplace, and tap on Edit.
- Choose your preferred option; On or Off.
Now, you have adjusted the notification in your marketplace. Following these steps, you can adjust your Facebook Marketplace Settings. Do you want to know how to use Facebook Marketplace? then check our next heading.
How does Facebook Marketplace Work
How to use the Facebook marketplace is not really much of a problem just use the steps below to know how it works and how best to use it.
- Turn on your device’s internet connection
- Click on the Facebook app launcher on your device or you can access the platform using its URL.
- On your Facebook account, find and access the marketplace at the top right corner of the platform.
- Select your preferred option; Buy or Sell.
- To sell, you have to choose the category of product and add the details of the product. Once you are done, tap on Post.
- To buy, you have to search for the products and Contact Seller.
You can become either a buyer or a seller on the marketplace or you can function as both.