Facebook Messenger is a direct messaging service and application that was created by Facebook in the year 2008. It has became fully set on the 9th of August 2011 and it was released on that same day. This app enables you to chat with your friends and families all over the world, it is also separated from the main Facebook app allowing users to chat all the way without the disturbance of notifications and updates from their timeline which users normally face with Facebook app.
This app today has a lot of features. The recent update on the application allows you to play instant games. The new update also sorted out the Facebook stories and friends tab. Your recent chats can now easily be accessed, archived, or deleted. Facebook messenger can also be used as an SMS app thereby keeping all your conversations in one app.
Features of Facebook Messenger
There are certain things Facebook messenger allows you to do. I think you should know some of these features.
- Interact better with groups.
- Make video calls.
- Make use of emojis, stickers and so many more to make your chat fun.
- Take photos and videos. Users can send them, save them to their camera roll, or post in their stories.
- Reach anyone both far and wide.
- Play games with your friends. Etc.
- Send voice notes.
Earlier when Facebook was launched to the public, there was no other source of sending messages to people. You can only send messages to your friend directly from its main web page facebook.com. During that period users need to always log in to their account before they see messages sent to them by friends or family. But with the regular update of Facebook by its creator, the Facebook messenger was introduced. With this app, users can always get notifications of messages sent to them on their devices even without visiting the Facebook website.
Messenger App Free Download
Although the most mobile device does not come with the Messenger installed, You can always download Facebook Messenger from your mobile application store. Follow the steps below to download the Facebook messenger app for free.
- Open the application drawer on your device.
- Find the google play store, app store, or any other apps store alternative you have installed on your device.
- Hit the search bar on the app and search for “Facebook Messenger”.
- Find the Facebook Messenger app and click on it to open the app page.
Hit the install button on the app page and wait for the app to be downloaded. After downloading, the app might be automatically installed depending on the app store you are using.
Facebook Messenger for Business
The app can also be used for business purposes and if you want to participate in it, follow the instructions given below
- Develop a working endpoint.
- Design a Facebook app. For you to access this messenger you need to have an already existing Facebook page. If you do not have one you need to create one.
- log in to the Facebook developer’s quick start page.
- Click on the skip and create an App ID at the top right corner of your page.
- Set up your messenger application for your choice.
- Send your page messages and you will instantly get replies.
- Send your app back to your Facebook to renew it.
Chat on messenger and enjoy all the benefits included.