Facebook Offline – How to Appear Offline on Facebook
Facebook offline is just how you can go offline on Facebook or appear offline when you are still online on Facebook. On this article, I will direct you on how you can appear offline or turn off your active status on Facebook. You can appear offline on devices like desktop or computer, Android or iOS device and on mobile browsers. Also, the Facebook messenger can be used to appear offline or turn off your active status.
How to Go Offline on Facebook
Using Facebook platform users can be online on Facebook and they can also go offline. The offline that am speaking of here is not the kind of offline that you normally know. The kind of offline am talking about, is the one that makes you appear offline when you are chatting on the platform. Below are the steps to follow that will make you appear offline while online on Facebook.
To Appear Offline on Desktop or Computer on Facebook
- First of all, you access your Facebook on your device.
- Log in your Facebook account.
- On the news feed page, look down at the right corner of the screen.
- Click the settings icon on the active chat.
- Then, click on “turn off active status.”
- A page will appear that shows three options.
- Select any of the options.
- To appear offline to some friends or contact.
- Tap turn off active status for only some contacts.
- Add the name or contact of friends in the box below and click okay.
To Appear Offline on Android or iOS Devices
- Lunch your Facebook app on your Android or iOS device.
- Click on the three-arrows icon at the top of your screen.
- Move down and click settings and privacy.
- Then click settings under the settings and privacy.
- After that click active status.
- It will take you to where you can turn off your active status and click on the toggle at the front of “show when you’re active.
- After clicking the toggle to turn offline, then exit. And you can carry out the same steps to reactive your status back to normal or on.
How You Can Turn Offline on a Mobile Browser
- First, you must have a data connection.
- Then open your Facebook on a web browser like Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
- Login your account.
- Click on the hamburger button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click settings.
- Then click active status under the privacy.
- Click the “turn off active status.
- After clicking the turn off active link. Then click the toggle button to turn off.
You can also appear offline on Facebook messenger app too. you can do this by opening your messenger app and login your account. Click on your profile icon and click active status. Then click to turn off or on.